UFC Fight Night: Anderson vs. Błachowicz 2
|UFC Fight Night: Anderson vs. Błachowicz 2|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||February 15, 2020|
|Venue||Santa Ana Star Center|
|City||Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States|
UFC Fight Night: Anderson vs. Błachowicz 2 (also known as UFC Fight Night 167 and UFC on ESPN+ 25) was a mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship that took place on February 15, 2020 at the Santa Ana Star Center in Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States.
The event was the first that the promotion has hosted in Rio Rancho, after previously contesting UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Khabilov in nearby Albuquerque in June 2014. Zuffa previously hosted a World Extreme Cagefighting event, WEC 32, at the venue in 2008.
A light heavyweight rematch between The Ultimate Fighter: Team Edgar vs. Team Penn light heavyweight winner Corey Anderson and former KSW Light Heavyweight Champion Jan Błachowicz served as the event headliner in a possible title eliminator. The pairing previously met in September 2015 at UFC 191, with Anderson winning the encounter via unanimous decision.
A light heavyweight bout between Gadzhimurad Antigulov and Devin Clark was scheduled to take place at the event. However, Antigulov was pulled from the fight due to an undisclosed reason and replaced by Dequan Townsend.
A women's bantamweight bout between former UFC Women's Flyweight Champion Nicco Montaño and Macy Chiasson was scheduled to take place at the event. However, Montaño was forced to pull out on fight week due to injury and was replaced by promotional newcomer Shanna Young.
At the weigh-ins, former UFC Flyweight Championship challenger Ray Borg failed to make weight, coming in at 128 pounds, two pounds over the flyweight non-title fight limit of 126 pounds. He was fined 30% of his fight purse, which went to Rogério Bontorin and their bout proceeded at a catchweight.
|Main card (ESPN+)|
|Light Heavyweight||Jan Błachowicz||def.||Corey Anderson||KO (punch)||1||3:08|
|Welterweight||Diego Sanchez||def.||Michel Pereira||DQ (illegal knee)||3||3:09|
|Women's Flyweight||Montana De La Rosa||def.||Mara Romero Borella||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Brok Weaver||def.||Rodrigo Vargas||DQ (illegal knee)||1||4:02|
|Catchweight (128 lb)||Ray Borg||def.||Rogério Bontorin||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–25)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Lando Vannata||def.||Yancy Medeiros||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary card (ESPN+)|
|Welterweight||Daniel Rodriguez||def.||Tim Means||Submission (guillotine choke)||2||3:37|
|Bantamweight||John Dodson||def.||Nathaniel Wood||TKO (punches)||3||0:16|
|Lightweight||Scott Holtzman||def.||Jim Miller||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Light Heavyweight||Devin Clark||def.||Dequan Townsend||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–26, 30–26)||3||5:00|
|Bantamweight||Merab Dvalishvili||def.||Casey Kenney||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–25, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Women's Bantamweight||Macy Chiasson||def.||Shanna Young||Decision (unanimous) (30–26, 30–26, 30–26)||3||5:00|
|Flyweight||Raulian Paiva||def.||Mark De La Rosa||KO (punches)||2||4:42|
The following fighters received $50,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Scott Holtzman vs. Jim Miller
- Performance of the Night: Jan Błachowicz and Daniel Rodriguez
This marked the first time two disqualifications occurred at a UFC event.
- Dave Doyle (2020-02-16). "UFC on ESPN+ 25 bonuses: Jan Blachowicz wins no-brainer 'Performance of the Night'". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-02-09.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2019-11-25). "UFC is coming to New Mexico on February 15, 2020". ufc.com. Retrieved 2019-11-25.
- Cole Shelton (2019-11-26). "UFC returns to New Mexico for Fight Night Card in February". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2019-11-25.
- Angelo (2019-11-26). "WEC fights feature local fighters in Rio Rancho on Feb. 13th, 2008!". dukecityfix.com. Archived from the original on 2015-04-02. Retrieved 2008-02-12.
- Tristen Critchfield (2019-12-03). "Corey Anderson to Face Jan Blachowicz in UFC Rio Rancho Main Event on Feb. 15". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2019-12-03.
- Ben Fowlkes (2015-09-05). "UFC 191 results: Corey Anderson rolls over Jan Blachowicz". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-12-04.
- Danny Segura (2020-01-27). "Daniel Rodriguez replaces Ramazan Emeev, fights Tim Means at UFC on ESPN+ 25". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2020-01-27.
- Redactie (2020-02-08). "Another short notice game for Dequan Townsend, this time against Devin Clark in Rio Rancho". mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2020-02-08. (in Dutch)
- Staff (2020-02-11). "Injury forces Nicco Montano out of UFC Rio Rancho; Macy Chiasson to fight Shanna Young". mmajunkieusatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-02-11.
- Tyler Treese (2020-02-14). "UFC Fight Night 167 weigh-in results: headliner set; Ray Borg misses weight". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2020-02-14.
- "UFC Fight Night: Anderson vs. Błachowicz 2". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2019-01-30.
- Jose Youngs (2020-02-15). "UFC Rio Rancho bonuses: Jim Miller earns seventh Fight of the Night for war against Scott Holtzman". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2020-02-15.
- Mike Bohn (February 16, 2020). "UFC on ESPN+ 25 post-event facts: History made with multiple disqualifications". mmajunkie.com.