UFC Fight Night: Bader vs. Nogueira 2
|UFC Fight Night: Bader vs. Nogueira 2|
The poster for UFC Fight Night: Bader vs. Nogueira 2.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||November 19, 2016|
|Venue||Ginásio do Ibirapuera|
|City||São Paulo, Brazil|
UFC Fight Night: Bader vs. Nogueira 2 (also known as UFC Fight Night 100) was a mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship held on November 19, 2016, at Ginásio do Ibirapuera in São Paulo, Brazil
The event was initially expected to be headlined by a light heavyweight bout between former two-time UFC Light Heavyweight Championship challenger Alexander Gustafsson and Antônio Rogério Nogueira The promotion had previously scheduled the pairing as main event on two other occasions. First in April 2012 at UFC on Fuel TV: Gustafsson vs. Silva and again in March 2014 at UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Manuwa. On both instances Nogueira pulled out due to injury. However on September 30, Gustafsson pulled out of the bout citing an injury of his own. In turn, he was replaced by The Ultimate Fighter: Team Nogueira vs. Team Mir light heavyweight winner Ryan Bader. Bader defeated Nogueira in their previous encounter six years prior at UFC 119 by unanimous decision.
Michael Graves was scheduled to face Sérgio Moraes on the card. However, Graves was removed from the fight on October 3 after he was arrested on a misdemeanor battery charge. He was replaced by Zak Ottow.
Matheus Nicolau was expected to face Ulka Sasaki at the event. However, on November 3, Nicolau was pulled from the bout after USADA revealed a potential anti-doping violation from a sample taken October 13. In turn, Sasaki was pulled from the event entirely and was later rescheduled to face Wilson Reis on February 12, 2017 at UFC 208 
|Main Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Light Heavyweight||Ryan Bader||def.||Antônio Rogério Nogueira||TKO (punches)||3||3:51|
|Bantamweight||Thomas Almeida||def.||Albert Morales||TKO (punches)||2||1:37|
|Women's Strawweight||Cláudia Gadelha||def.||Cortney Casey||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Krzysztof Jotko||def.||Thales Leites||Decision (unanimous) (29–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Kamaru Usman||def.||Warlley Alves||Decision (unanimous) (29–27, 30–26, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Sérgio Moraes||def.||Zak Ottow||Decision (split) (28–29, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Middleweight||Cezar Ferreira||def.||Jack Hermansson||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||2||2:11|
|Light Heavyweight||Gadzhimurad Antigulov||def.||Marcos Rogério de Lima||Submission (guillotine choke)||1||1:07|
|Bantamweight||Johnny Eduardo||def.||Manvel Gamburyan||TKO (punches)||2||0:46|
|Heavyweight||Luis Henrique||def.||Christian Colombo||Submission (guillotine choke)||3||2:12|
|Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Bantamweight||Pedro Munhoz||def.||Justin Scoggins||Submission (guillotine choke)||2||1:55|
|Light Heavyweight||Darren Stewart||vs.||Francimar Barroso||No Contest (inadvertent headbutt)||1||1:34||[a]|
- Original ruled a TKO (punches) victory for Stewart; result overturned to "No Contest" by the Comissão Atlética Brasileira de MMA (CABMMA) due to an inadvertent headbutt.
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Not awarded
- Performance of the Night: Thomas Almeida, Cezar Ferreira, Gadzhimurad Antigulov and Pedro Munhoz
- Staff (November 19, 2016). "UFC Fight Night 100 draws announced attendance of 9,028". mmajunkie.com.
- Ariel Helwani (2016-09-20). "Alexander Gustafsson vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira slated for UFC Fight Night 100". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-09-20.
- Gene Mrosko (2012-03-06). "UFC on FUEL TV 2: Thiago Silva vs Alexander Gustafsson booked with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira injured". mmamania.com. Retrieved 2016-09-20.
- Guilherme Cruz (2013-10-31). "Antonio Rogerio Nogueira injured, out of Alexander Gustafsson fight". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-09-20.
- Marc Raimondi (2016-09-30). "Alexander Gustafsson out, Ryan Bader in vs. Rogerio Nogueira at UFC Fight Night 100". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-09-30.
- Nate Wilcox (2016-09-26). "UFC 119 results: Ryan Bader takes down Antônio Rogério Nogueira". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- Staff (2016-10-03). "UFC welterweight Michael Graves removed from UFC Fight Night 100 bout after arrest for battery". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-10-03.
- Staff (2016-10-04). "Zak Ottow replaces Michael Graves against Sergio Moraes at UFC Fight Night 100". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-10-04.
- Staff (2016-11-03). "Flyweight Matheus Nicolau pulled from UFC Fight Night 100 for potential anti-doping violation". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-11-03.
- Staff (2016-11-22). "Darren Stewart's UFC Fight Night 100 TKO of Francimar Barroso flipped to no-contest by Brazil commission". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-11-22.
- "UFC Fight Night: Bader vs. Nogueira". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2016-09-19.
- Staff (2016-11-20). "UFC Fight Night 100 bonuses: Thomas Almeida got back in win column – with an extra $50,000". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-11-20.