UFC Fight Night: Benavidez vs. Figueiredo
|UFC Fight Night: Benavidez vs. Figueiredo|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||February 29, 2020|
UFC Fight Night: Benavidez vs. Figueiredo (also known as UFC Fight Night 169 and UFC on ESPN+ 27) is an upcoming mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship that is planned to take place on February 29, 2020 at Chartway Arena in Norfolk, Virginia.
While not officially announced by the organization, a UFC Flyweight Championship bout for the vacant title between former title challenger Joseph Benavidez and Deiveson Figueiredo is expected to serve as the event headliner. Multi-divisional champion Henry Cejudo announced on December 20, 2019 that he would be relinquishing the flyweight title and would concentrate on competing solely in the bantamweight division.
A welterweight bout between Alex Oliveira and Mickey Gall was scheduled for the event. However, on December 27, 2019 the bout was pulled from the event by the UFC. The bout will not be replaced and no reason was given by the UFC.
A featherweight between Chas Skelly and Grant Dawson was scheduled on January 18, 2020 at UFC 246. However, on January 14, 2020, Dawson announced on his personal social media that he was forced to withdraw from the bout. The bout was rescheduled to this event.
|Main card (ESPN+)|
|Flyweight||Joseph Benavidez||vs.||Deiveson Figueiredo||[a]|
|Women's Featherweight||Felicia Spencer||vs.||Zarah Fairn dos Santos|
|Light Heavyweight||Ion Cuțelaba||vs.||Magomed Ankalaev|
|Women's Featherweight||Megan Anderson||vs.||Norma Dumont Viana|
|Heavyweight||Marcin Tybura||vs.||Sergey Spivak|
|Bantamweight||Gabriel Silva||vs.||Kyler Phillips|
|Preliminary card (ESPN+)|
|Featherweight||Mike Davis||vs.||Giga Chikadze|
|Middleweight||Brendan Allen||vs.||Tom Breese|
|Featherweight||Luis Peña||vs.||Alexander Muñoz|
|Featherweight||Jordan Griffin||vs.||T.J. Brown|
|Featherweight||Steven Peterson||vs.||Aalon Cruz|
|Welterweight||Ismail Naurdiev||vs.||Sean Brady|
- For the vacant UFC Flyweight Championship.
- Featherweight bout: Chas Skelly vs. Grant Dawson
- Staff (2019-12-13). "UFC schedules return to Virginia for Feb. 29 in Norfolk". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-12-14.
- Newswire, MMA Fighting (2019-12-13). "UFC returns to Norfolk, Va. on Feb. 29". mmfighting.com. Retrieved 2019-12-14.
- Anderson, Jay (2019-12-13). "UFC Returning to Norfolk, Virginia on February 29, 2020". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2019-12-14.
- "Henry Cejudo relinquishing UFC flyweight belt; Joseph Benavidez-Deiveson Figueiredo targeted". MMA Junkie. 2019-12-20. Retrieved 2019-12-20.
- Lee, Alexander K. (2019-12-27). "Mickey Gall vs. Alex Oliveira pulled from UFC Norfolk". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2019-12-28.
- Redactie. "Chas Skelly vs. Grant Dawson added to UFC event in 2020". mmadna. Retrieved 2019-10-30.Template:Ll=nl
- Nolan King (January 14, 2020). "Grant Dawson says UFC 246 fight vs. Chas Skelly has been canceled". mmajunkie.com.
- Redactie. "Chas Skelly vs. Grant Dawson rescheduled, this time for UFC Norfolk". mmadna. Retrieved 2020-01-23.Template:Ll=nl
- "UFC Fight Night | UFC". www.ufc.com. Retrieved 2019-12-27.
|This article related to mixed martial arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|