UFC Fight Night: Condit vs. Alves
|UFC Fight Night: Condit vs. Alves|
The poster for UFC Fight Night: Condit vs. Alves.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||May 30, 2015|
A welterweight bout between TJ Waldburger and Wendell Oliveira was originally booked for UFC Fight Night 61. However, the bout was cancelled on the day of the weigh-ins, after Waldburger passed out while cutting weight. The pairing had been rescheduled for this event, but it was scrapped yet again after Waldburger pulled out of the bout on May 19 due to undisclosed reasons. He was replaced by promotional newcomer Darren Till.
Jessica Penne was expected to face Juliana Lima at the event. However on May 1, Penne was removed from the card and placed into a UFC Women's Strawweight Championship fight against champion Joanna Jędrzejczyk on June 20, 2015 at UFC Fight Night 69. She was replaced by promotional newcomer Ericka Almeida.
On June 18, it was announced that Rony Jason tested positive for hydrochlorothiazide, which is a banned diuretic, therefore his submission victory against Damon Jackson was overturned and he received a nine-month suspension. The UFC rescinded Jason's $50,000 "Performance of the Night" award. Jason requested an analysis of his second sample, which also came positive for the diuretic.
|Main Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Welterweight||Carlos Condit||def.||Thiago Alves||TKO (doctor stoppage)||2||5:00|
|Featherweight||Charles Oliveira||def.||Nik Lentz||Submission (guillotine choke)||3||1:10|
|Welterweight||Alex Oliveira||def.||K.J. Noons||Submission (rear-naked choke)||1||2:51|
|Light Heavyweight||Francimar Barroso||def.||Ryan Jimmo||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Francisco Trinaldo||def.||Norman Parke||Decision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Darren Till||def.||Wendell Oliveira||KO (elbows)||2||1:37|
|Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Featherweight||Rony Jason||vs.||Damon Jackson||No Contest (overturned)||1||3:31||[a]|
|Flyweight||Jussier Formiga||def.||Wilson Reis||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Nicolas Dalby||def.||Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos||Decision (split) (29–28, 28–29, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Featherweight||Mirsad Bektić||def.||Lucas Martins||TKO (punches)||2||0:30|
|Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Women's Strawweight||Juliana Lima||def.||Ericka Almeida||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–25)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Tom Breese||def.||Luiz Dutra Jr.||TKO (punches)||1||4:58|
- Originally a Submission (triangle choke) win for Jason; Overturned after he tested positive for a banned diuretic.
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Charles Oliveira vs. Nik Lentz
- Performance of the Night: Charles Oliveira and Rony Jason*
*Due to Jason's failed drug test, UFC rescinded his $50,000 "Performance of the Night" award. The award will not be reissued to a different fighter on the card.
- Staff (2015-05-31). "UFC Fight Night 67 draws announced 3,500 attendance in Brazil". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-05-31.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2015-03-20). "Condit comeback begins against Alves in May". ufc.com. Retrieved 2015-03-20.
- Guilherme Cruz (2015-03-17). "Carlos Condit vs. 'Pitbull' Alves set to headline UFC Fight Night 67 in Brazil". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-03-17.
- Staff (2015-05-14). "UFC Fight Night 67: Condit vs. Alves fight card lineup finalized; Jason vs. Jackson set as featured prelim bout on Fox Sports 1". themmareport.com. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- Guilherme Cruz (2015-03-27). "Jussier Formiga vs. Wilson Reis, T.J. Waldburger vs. Wendell Oliveira set for UFC Fight Night 67". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-03-27.
- Guilherme Cruz (2015-05-19). "T.J. Waldburger out of UFC Fight Night 67, replacement sought for Wendell Oliveira". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-05-19.
- Guilherme Cruz (2015-05-20). "Wendell Oliveira gets new opponent for UFC Fight Night 67". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-05-20.
- Staff (2015-04-28). "Francisco Trinaldo replaces injured Gilbert Burns at UFC Fight Night 67". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-04-28.
- Staff (2015-05-04). "Renato Carneiro injured, replaced by Lucas Martins on May 30 UFC Fight Night card". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2015-05-04.
- Staff (2015-05-01). "Gustafsson out vs. Teixeira, Jedrzejczyk vs. Penne headlines UFC Fight Night 69". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-05-01.
- Guilherme Cruz (2015-05-12). "Juliana Lima now faces Jungle Fight champion Ericka Almeida at UFC Fight Night 67". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-05-12.
- Guilherme Cruz (2015-05-19). "Alex Oliveira replaces Yan Cabral, meets K.J. Noons at UFC Fight Night 67". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-05-19.
- Guilherme Cruz (2015-06-18). "Rony Jason tests positive for diuretics, has UFC Fight Night 67 win overturned". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-06-18.
- Mike Bohn (2015-06-18). "After failed drug test, UFC won't reissue Rony Jason's 'Performance of the Night' bonus". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-06-18.
- Staff (2015-07-21). "CABMMA: UFC fighter Rony Jason's 'B' test also positive for banned diuretic". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-07-21.
- "UFC Fight Night: Condit vs. Alves". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2015-03-20.
- Staff (2015-05-31). "UFC Fight Night 67 bonuses: Charles Oliveira goes double-dipping for $100,000". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-05-31.