UFC Fight Night: Felder vs. Hooker
|UFC Fight Night: Felder vs. Hooker|
The poster for UFC Fight Night: Felder vs. Hooker.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||February 23, 2020|
|City||Auckland, New Zealand|
UFC Fight Night: Felder vs. Hooker (also known as UFC Fight Night 168 and UFC on ESPN+ 26) was a mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship that took place on February 23, 2020 at Spark Arena in Auckland, New Zealand.
A light heavyweight bout between Tyson Pedro and Vinicius Moreira was scheduled for the event. However, Pedro pulled out of the fight in early January citing an undisclosed injury. In turn, promotion officials elected to remove Moreira from the card entirely.
A women's flyweight bout between Rachael Ostovich and Shana Dobson was scheduled for the event. However, Ostovich pulled out of the fight for an unknown reason and was replaced by Priscila Cachoeira.
A women's strawweight bout between Loma Lookboonmee and Hannah Goldy was scheduled for the event. However, Goldy pulled out due to a shoulder injury and was replaced by former Invicta FC Strawweight Champion Angela Hill.
A lightweight bout between Jamie Mullarkey and Jalin Turner was scheduled for the event. However, Mullarkey withdrew from the event due to injury and was replaced by promotional newcomer Joshua Culibao.
A welterweight bout between Maki Pitolo and Takashi Sato was scheduled for the preliminary portion of the card. However, the bout was cancelled as Pitolo failed to make it to the scale during the weigh-ins after falling ill and the matchup was called off by medical personnel.
|Main card (ESPN+)|
|Lightweight||Dan Hooker||def.||Paul Felder||Decision (split) (47–48, 48–47, 48–47)||5||5:00|
|Light Heavyweight||Jimmy Crute||def.||Michał Oleksiejczuk||Submission (kimura)||1||3:29|
|Women's Strawweight||Yan Xiaonan||def.||Karolina Kowalkiewicz||Decision (unanimous) (30–26, 30–26, 30–26)||3||5:00|
|Heavyweight||Marcos Rogério de Lima||def.||Ben Sosoli||TKO (punches)||1||1:28|
|Lightweight||Brad Riddell||def.||Magomed Mustafaev||Decision (split) (29–28, 28–29, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary card (ESPN+)|
|Featherweight||Zubaira Tukhugov||def.||Kevin Aguilar||TKO (punches)||1||3:21|
|Lightweight||Jalin Turner||def.||Joshua Culibao||TKO (punches)||2||3:01|
|Welterweight||Jake Matthews||def.||Emil Weber Meek||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Song Kenan||def.||Callan Potter||KO (punches)||1||2:20|
|Flyweight||Kai Kara-France||def.||Tyson Nam||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Women's Strawweight||Angela Hill||def.||Loma Lookboonmee||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Women's Flyweight||Priscila Cachoeira||def.||Shana Dobson||KO (punch)||1||0:40|
The following fighters received $50,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Dan Hooker vs. Paul Felder
- Performance of the Night: Jimmy Crute and Priscila Cachoeira
- Staff (2020-02-23). "UFC on ESPN+ 26 bonuses: Dan Hooker vs. Paul Felder an obvious 'Fight of the Night'". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-02-23.
- Ryan Harkness (2019-11-17). "UFC returns to New Zealand for UFC Fight Night Auckland on February 23rd, 2020". mmamania.com. Retrieved 2019-11-26.
- Staff (2019-11-27). "Kiwi Dan Hooker confirmed as main event for UFC Auckland". nzherald.co.nz. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- Jay Pettry (2020-01-02). "Tyson Pedro withdraws from UFC Auckland". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2020-01-02.
- Staff (2020-01-24). "Rachael Ostovich out, Shana Dobson now meets Priscila Cachoeira at UFC on ESPN+ 26 in Auckland". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-01-25.
- Farah Hannoun (2020-02-05). "Angela Hill steps in to fight Loma Lookboonmee on short notice at UFC on ESPN+ 26". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-02-05.
- Staff (2020-02-06). "Joshua Culibao signs with UFC; set to debut at UFC Auckland". fightnewsaustralia.com. Retrieved 2020-02-06.
- Mike Bohn (2020-02-21). "Maki Pitolo vs. Takashi Sato scratched from UFC on ESPN+ 26 lineup". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-02-21.
- "UFC Fight Night: Felder vs. Hooker". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2019-12-27.
- Newswire (2020-02-22). "UFC Auckland bonuses: Dan Hooker, Paul Felder take home 'Fight of the Night' following five round slugfest". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2020-02-23.