UFC Fight Night: Florian vs. Lauzon
|UFC Fight Night: Florian vs. Lauzon|
The poster for UFC Fight Night: Florian vs. Lauzon.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||April 2, 2008|
|Venue||Broomfield Event Center|
UFC Fight Night: Florian vs. Lauzon (also known as UFC Fight Night 13) was a mixed martial arts (MMA) event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on April 2, 2008 at the Broomfield Event Center in Broomfield, Colorado, United States.
The event was a lead-in to the premiere of The Ultimate Fighter 7 on Spike. Instead of scheduling a two-hour program usually set for UFC Fight Night cards, the event was a three-hour broadcast, a change due to a petition from Sherdog Forums and a letter-writing campaign by MMA fans to Spike.
Stephan Bonnar was originally slated to take on Matt Hamill, but was forced to withdraw when he suffered a complete tear of his left collateral knee ligament during training. He was replaced by Tim Boetsch, who took the fight on only ten days notice.
A planned bout between lightweights Spencer Fisher and Marcus Aurélio was cancelled due to a shoulder injury Fisher suffered during training. On March 20, 2008, the UFC website announced that newcomer Ryan Roberts was to make his octagon debut on short notice to face Marcus Aurélio as a replacement for the injured Spencer Fisher.
This event also marked the first bout of a series of fights between Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard.
|Lightweight||Kenny Florian||def.||Joe Lauzon||TKO (punches)||2||3:28|
|Lightweight||Gray Maynard||def.||Frankie Edgar||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Thiago Alves||def.||Karo Parisyan||TKO (punches)||2||0:34|
|Light Heavyweight||Matt Hamill||def.||Tim Boetsch||TKO (punches)||2||1:25|
|Lightweight||Nate Diaz||def.||Kurt Pellegrino||Submission (triangle choke)||2||3:06|
|Light Heavyweight||James Irvin||def.||Houston Alexander||TKO (superman punch and punches)||1||0:08|
|Lightweight||Josh Neer||def.||Din Thomas||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Marcus Aurelio||def.||Ryan Roberts||Submission (armbar)||1||0:16|
|Lightweight||Manvel Gamburyan||def.||Jeff Cox||Submission (guillotine choke)||1||1:41|
|Lightweight||Clay Guida||def.||Samy Schiavo||TKO (punches)||1||4:15|
|Welterweight||George Sotiropoulos||def.||Roman Mitichyan||TKO (punches)||2||2:24|
|Welterweight||Anthony Johnson||def.||Tom Speer||KO (punch)||1||0:51||[a]|
- This preliminary bout aired on the broadcast following the Alves vs Parisyan bout.
At the end of this event, $20,000 was awarded to each of the fighters who received one of these three awards.
- Fight of the Night: Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon
- Knockout of the Night: James Irvin
- Submission of the Night: Nate Diaz
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-01-21. Retrieved 2008-03-18.
- "UFC Fight Night: Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon". UFC.com. Archived from the original on 2008-01-21. Retrieved 2008-03-18.
- https://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AmKVN9T.hQbKsixZIZABMbg9Eo14?slug=mmajunkie-Fight_Night_13_Three_Hour&prov=mmajunkie&type=lgns Retrieved 2008-02-27
- "UFC Back to Colorado, Adds Parisyan vs. Alves". MMA Weekly. January 19, 2008. Archived from the original on March 22, 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-18.
- Stupp, Dann (February 14, 2008). "UFC Releases UFC Fight Night 13 Televised Card". MMA Junkie. Retrieved 2008-03-18.
- Savage, Greg (March 17, 2008). "Injury Knocks Fisher Out of Aurelio Bout". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2008-03-18.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-10-02. Retrieved 2008-10-02.