UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Thatch
|UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Thatch|
The poster for UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Thatch.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||February 14, 2015|
The event was the third that the UFC has hosted at the venue.
A welterweight bout between Matt Brown and Tarec Saffiedine was expected to serve as the event headliner. However, on January 1, the UFC announced that Saffiedine had pulled out of the bout, citing a groin injury he sustained in training. On January 13, Brown was pulled from the event in favor of a matchup with former UFC Welterweight champion Johny Hendricks at UFC 185. Subsequently, a welterweight bout between Stephen Thompson and Brandon Thatch was promoted to the main event. In turn, Thompson pulled out of the fight on January 30, citing a rib injury. After UFC 183, it was announced that former WEC & UFC Lightweight champion Benson Henderson agreed to step up as a replacement.
Thiago Tavares was expected to face Nik Lentz at the event. However, in late January, Tavares pulled out of the bout citing injury and was replaced five days later by promotional newcomer Levan Makashvili. Subsequently, the pairing was scrapped just prior to the weigh-ins as Lentz was stricken with flu-like symptoms.
Both Patrick Walsh and James Moontasri missed weight on their first attempts at the weigh ins, coming in at 191.5 lb and 158 lb respectively. They were both given additional time to make the weight limits for their respective weight classes, but made no attempts to cut further. Instead, they were both fined 20 percent of their fight purses, which went to Dan Kelly and Cody Pfister respectively.
|Main Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Welterweight||Benson Henderson||def.||Brandon Thatch||Submission (rear-naked choke)||4||3:58|
|Featherweight||Max Holloway||def.||Cole Miller||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Neil Magny||def.||Kiichi Kunimoto||Submission (rear-naked choke)||3||1:22|
|Catchweight (191.5 lb)||Dan Kelly||def.||Patrick Walsh||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Kevin Lee||def.||Michel Prazeres||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Flyweight||Ray Borg||def.||Chris Kelades||Submission (kimura)||3||2:56|
|Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Lightweight||Efrain Escudero||def.||Rodrigo de Lima||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Featherweight||Chas Skelly||def.||Jim Alers||TKO (punches and knee)||2||4:59|
|Flyweight||Zach Makovsky||def.||Tim Elliott||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Catchweight (158 lb)||James Moontasri||def.||Cody Pfister||Submission (rear-naked choke)||2||1:49|
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Benson Henderson vs. Brandon Thatch
- Performance of the Night: Neil Magny and Ray Borg
- Staff (2015-02-15). "UFC Fight Night 60 draws reported 5,807 attendance for $382,875 live gate". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-02-15.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2014-11-08). "Valentine's Day with the UFC in Broomfield". ufc.com. Retrieved 2014-11-08.
- Staff (2014-11-08). "UFC heads to Broomfield, Colo., for Valentine's Day 'Fight Night' card". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-11-08.
- Shaun Al-Shatti (2014-11-17). "Matt Brown vs. Tarec Saffiedine headlines UFC Fight Night on Feb. 14". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2014-11-17.
- John Morgan and Dann Stupp (2015-01-01). "Injured Tarec Saffiedine out of planned UFC Fight Night 60 headliner with Matt Brown". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-01-01.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2015-01-13). "Thatch-Wonderboy to main event; Brown-Hendricks to Dallas". UFC.com.
- Staff (2015-01-30). "Stephen Thompson Out of UFC Fight Night 60 Main Event, Brandon Thatch Awaits a Replacement". mmaweekly.com. Retrieved 2015-01-30.
- John Morgan (2015-02-01). "Benson Henderson vs. Brandon Thatch set as new UFC Fight Night 60 main event". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-02-01.
- Staff (2015-01-26). "Newcomer Cody Pfister replaces Jake Lindsey at UFC Fight Night 60". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-01-26.
- John Morgan (2015-01-29). "Thiago Tavares out at UFC Fight Night 60, Nik Lentz needs new opponent". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-01-29.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2015-02-03). "Lentz to Face Newcomer Makashvili in Broomfield". UFC. Retrieved 2015-02-03.
- Mike Bohn (2015-02-13). "Nik Lentz vs Levan Makashvili scratched from UFC Fight Night 60 lineup". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-02-13.
- Staff (2015-02-13). "UFC Fight Night 60 weigh-in results: Henderson, Thatch official, but three off mark". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-02-13.
- "UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Thatch". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2014-11-10.
- Staff (2015-02-15). "UFC Fight Night 60 bonuses: Neil Magny got his first $50,000. Who joined him?". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-02-15.