UFC Fight Night: Hermansson vs. Weidman
|UFC Fight Night: Hermansson vs. Weidman|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||May 2, 2020 (cancelled)|
|Venue||Chesapeake Energy Arena|
|City||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States|
UFC Fight Night: Hermansson vs. Weidman was a planned mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship originally planned to take place on May 2, 2020 at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, UFC president Dana White announced on April 9 that starting with UFC 249, all future events were indefinitely postponed. The event was officially cancelled on April 20.
A women's bantamweight bout between Sarah Alpar and Duda Santana was scheduled for the event. However, Santana was removed from the event for undisclosed reasons and replaced by Vanessa Melo.
A women's bantamweight bout between Julia Avila and Karol Rosa was expected to take place at UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Harris. However, the event was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pairing was rescheduled for this event.
Due to travel restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, some Brazilian fighters were unable to compete due to visa issues on the original date – Marina Rodriguez (who was expected to face former UFC Women's Strawweight Championship challenger Cláudia Gadelha) and Vanessa Melo (who was expected to replace Santana against Alpar).
Cancelled fight card
|Middleweight||Jack Hermansson||vs.||Chris Weidman|
|Heavyweight||Andrei Arlovski||vs.||Philipe Lins||[a]|
|Featherweight||Bryce Mitchell||vs.||Charles Rosa||[b]|
|Light Heavyweight||Alonzo Menifield||vs.||Devin Clark||[c]|
|Light Heavyweight||Ed Herman||vs.||Da Un Jung|
|Featherweight||Ryan Hall||vs.||Ricardo Lamas|
|Lightweight||Carlos Diego Ferreira||vs.||Drew Dober||[d]|
|Featherweight||Edson Barboza||vs.||Josh Emmett||[e]|
|Women's Bantamweight||Julia Avila||vs.||Karol Rosa|
- Jeff Patterson (2020-02-08). "UFC set to return to OKC's Chesapeake Energy Arena on May 2". oklahoman.com. Retrieved 2020-02-09.
- Damon Martin (2020-04-09). "UFC 249, upcoming events postponed due to coronavirus pandemic, Dana White promises 'Fight Island' will proceed". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- Steven Marrocco (2020-04-20). "UFC officially cancels four events due to coronavirus pandemic". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2020-04-20.
- Nolan King and Farah Hannoun (2020-02-20). "Chris Weidman vs. Jack Hermansson verbally agree to fight at UFC Oklahoma City". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-02-20.
- Staff. "Vanessa Melo replaces Duda Santana against Sarah Alpar during UFC Oklahoma City". mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2020-02-17. (in Dutch)
- Nolan King and John Morgan (2020-03-15). "UFC postpones three events amid growing coronavirus outbreak". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-03-16.
- Staff (2020-04-08). "Various battles for upcoming events have been announced". mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2020-04-08. (in Dutch)
- Staff (2020-04-09). "Jose Aldo among Brazilians out of UFC 250 and beyond because of visa issues during pandemic". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- Nolan King (2020-05-01). "Dana White announces full list of UFC matchups for May 13, May 16 events in Florida". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-05-02.
- Brett Okamoto (2020-04-24). "UFC schedules three fight cards, led by UFC 249 on May 9 in Florida with no fans". espn.com. Retrieved 2020-04-24.
- Nolan King and Farah Hannoun (2020-05-08). "UFC 250 adds Devin Clark vs. Alonzo Menifield to expanding June 6 lineup". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-05-19.
- "UFC Fight Night: Hermansson vs. Weidman". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2020-02-21.