UFC Fight Night: Holloway vs. Oliveira
|UFC Fight Night: Holloway vs. Oliveira|
The poster for UFC Fight Night: Holloway vs. Oliveira.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||August 23, 2015|
|City||Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada|
Two fights, Rick Story vs. Erick Silva and Marcos Rogério de Lima vs. Nikita Krylov were originally expected to take place at UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Romero. However, on June 19, it was announced that several bouts would be postponed and moved to other events as international fighters experienced travel restrictions due to technical issues within the Bureau of Consular Affairs division of the U.S. State Department, which produces travel visas. The two pairings were left intact and were rescheduled for this event. On August 11, an injury forced Story out of the bout and Neil Magny stepped in to take his place. Magny had previously fought only 22 days before the event, when he was defeated by Demian Maia at UFC 190.
Sean O'Connell was expected to face UFC newcomer Misha Cirkunov at the event. However, O'Connell pulled out of the bout on August 11 due to undisclosed reasons and was replaced by another UFC newcomer in Daniel Jolly.
|Main Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Featherweight||Max Holloway||def.||Charles Oliveira||TKO (neck injury)||1||1:39||[a]|
|Welterweight||Neil Magny||def.||Erick Silva||Decision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Patrick Côté||def.||Josh Burkman||TKO (punches)||3||1:26|
|Lightweight||Francisco Trinaldo||def.||Chad Laprise||TKO (punches)||1||2:43|
|Lightweight||Olivier Aubin-Mercier||def.||Tony Sims||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Women's Strawweight||Valérie Létourneau||def.||Maryna Moroz||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Lightweight||Frankie Perez||def.||Sam Stout||TKO (punches)||1||0:54|
|Bantamweight||Felipe Arantes||def.||Yves Jabouin||Submission (armbar)||1||4:21|
|Light Heavyweight||Nikita Krylov||def.||Marcos Rogério de Lima||Submission (rear-naked choke)||1||2:29|
|Flyweight||Chris Kelades||def.||Chris Beal||Decision (split) (27–30, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Lightweight||Shane Campbell||def.||Elias Silvério||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Light Heavyweight||Misha Cirkunov||def.||Daniel Jolly||KO (punches)||1||4:45|
- Oliveira appeared to have injured his neck/shoulder during the fight. Despite initial reports of follow-up exams revealing he suffered an esophagus micro-tear, the UFC later released a statement clarifying that Oliveira had no major injuries. Oliveira confirmed in an interview that he suffered a minor neck injury, related to a previous injury from his training camp. It will not require surgery.
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Patrick Côté vs. Josh Burkman
- Performance of the Night: Frankie Perez and Felipe Arantes
- Staff (2015-08-24). "UFC Fight Night 74 attendance: Saskatchewan debut draws announced 7,202 fans". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-08-24.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2015-06-15). "UFC debuts in Saskatoon this August". ufc.com. Retrieved 2015-06-15.
- UFC Press Release (2015-06-24). "Dynamic featherweight contenders headline UFC Saskatoon this August". ufc.com. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- Mike Bohn (2015-06-15). "Max Holloway vs. Charles Oliveira headlines UFC's debut in Saskatoon on Aug. 23". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-06-15.
- Guilherme Cruz (2015-05-15). "Lyoto Machida vs. Yoel Romero set as new main event for TUF Brazil: 4 Finale in Miami". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- Tristen Critchfield (2015-06-19). "UFC Fight Night loses Silva-Story, 'TUF: Brazil 4' Finals from June 27 Card in Florida". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- Ariel Helwani (2015-06-24). "Rick Story vs. Erick Silva to serve as UFC Saskatoon co-main event; other fights added to card". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- Staff (2015-07-03). "Nikita Krylov vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima re-booked for UFC Fight Night 74". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-07-03.
- Staff (2015-08-11). "Neil Magny in for injured Rick Story, faces Erick Silva at UFC Fight Night 74". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-08-11.
- Staff (2015-07-30). "Chris Wade out of UFC Fight Night 74, Tony Sims steps up to meet Olivier Aubin-Mercier". themmareport.com. Retrieved 2015-07-30.
- Mike Jackson (2015-08-11). "Daniel Jolly makes UFC debut against Misha Cirkunov at Fight Night 74". mikethetruth.com. Retrieved 2015-08-11.
- Mike Bohn (2015-08-24). "UFC: Esophagus tear forced Charles Oliveira's early UFC Fight Night 74 exit". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-08-24.
- Steven Marrocco (2015-08-25). "Charles Oliveira released from hospital, UFC announces". mmajunkie.com.com. Retrieved 2015-08-25.
- Evelyn Rodrigues (2015-08-29). "Do Bronx explica lesão no pescoço e diz que não vai precisar de cirurgia" (in Portuguese). sportv.globo.com. Retrieved 2015-08-29.
- "UFC Fight Night: Holloway vs. Oliveira". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2015-06-16.
- Staff (2015-08-24). "UFC Fight Night 74 bonuses: Veterans cash in on slugfest, retired fighter rewarded". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-08-24.
|This article related to mixed martial arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|