UFC Fight Night: Jacaré vs. Mousasi
|UFC Fight Night: Jacaré vs. Mousasi 2|
The poster for UFC Fight Night: Jacaré vs. Mousasi 2.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||September 5, 2014|
|Venue||Foxwoods Resort Casino|
The event was the fifth the UFC had hosted in Connecticut and the first since UFC 55 in 2005. It was held in Mashantucket, a federally recognized Native American nation in the state of Connecticut.
This event marked the first time the Ultimate Fighting Championship and Bellator MMA had live shows (UFC Fight Night 50 and Bellator 123) go against each other on a same night. Additionally, both events were held in venues located within miles of each other.
Initially, bantamweight bouts between Dustin Kimura vs. Ian Entwistle and Chris Beal vs. Rob Font were slated for the event. However, Entwistle and Font each pulled out of the bouts citing injuries. Subsequently, Kimura was briefly rescheduled to face Beal. In turn, Kimura also pulled out of the bout and was replaced by Tateki Matsuda.
Charles Oliveira weighed in over the 146 pound featherweight limit at 150 pounds. Subsequently, he was forced to surrender 20 percent of his purse to opponent Nik Lentz and the bout was changed to a catchweight affair. In turn, Oliveira was pulled from the event entirely on the day of the event after he fell ill from the effects of the weight cutting process.
|Main Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Middleweight||Ronaldo Souza||def.||Gegard Mousasi||Submission (guillotine choke)||3||4:30|
|Heavyweight||Ben Rothwell||def.||Alistair Overeem||TKO (punches)||1||2:19|
|Heavyweight||Matt Mitrione||def.||Derrick Lewis||KO (punches)||1||0:41|
|Lightweight||Joe Lauzon||def.||Michael Chiesa||TKO (doctor stoppage)||2||2:14|
|Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Flyweight||John Moraga||def.||Justin Scoggins||Submission (guillotine choke)||2||0:47|
|Lightweight||Al Iaquinta||def.||Rodrigo Damm||TKO (punches and elbow)||3||2:26||[a]|
|Middleweight||Rafael Natal||def.||Chris Camozzi||Decision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Bantamweight||Chris Beal||def.||Tateki Matsuda||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Featherweight||Chas Skelly||def.||Sean Soriano||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
- Time keeping error was corrected by Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation Gaming Commission & Athletic Division.
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Joe Lauzon vs. Michael Chiesa
- Performance of the Night: Ben Rothwell and Ronaldo Souza
- "UFC Fight Night 50 draws reported attendance of 4,086 for $479,620 live gate". MMAjunkie.com. September 6, 2014.
- "UFC comes to Foxwoods on Sept 5". UFC.com. June 1, 2014.
- "UFC Fight Night: Jacaré vs. Mousasi 2 UFC.com results".
- "UFC Fight Night 50 heads to Connecticut on Sept. 5". MMAjunkie.com. May 31, 2014.
- Jesse Holland (September 3, 2014). "UFC Fight Night 50 changes start time, reworks FOX Sports 1 main card". mmamania.com.
- "Dana White says Gegard Mousasi vs. Jacare Souza will take place at UFC Fight Night 50". TheMMAReport.com. July 9, 2014.
- Jesse Holland (May 31, 2014). "Showdown! UFC Fight Night 50 and Bellator 123 go head-to-head on Sept. 5 in Connecticut". mmamania.com.
- Thomas Gerbasi (August 22, 2014). "Bantaweight shuffle at Foxwoods". UFC.com. Retrieved August 22, 2014.
- Matt Erickson (August 29, 2014). "With Dustin Kimura now out, Chris Beal meets Tateki Matsuda at UFC Fight Night 50". MMAjunkie.com.
- "Andre Fili out, Chas Skelly meets Sean Soriano at UFC Fight Night 50". MMAjunkie.com. August 26, 2014.
- "UFC Fight Night 44 weigh-in results: Headliners good, Oliveira four pounds heavy". MMAjunkie.com. September 4, 2014.
- Matt Erickson (September 5, 2014). "Charles Oliveira pulled from Nik Lentz bout at UFC Fight Night 50". MMAjunkie.com.
- Matt Erickson (September 15, 2014). "Commission adjusts Al Iaquinta finish time of Rodrigo Damm at UFC Fight Night 50". MMAjunkie.com.
- "UFC Fight Night: Jacare vs. Mousasi". UFC.com. Retrieved June 1, 2014.
- "UFC Fight Night 50 bonuses: Lauzon, Chiesa, Souza and Rothwell win $50,000". MMAjunkie.com. September 6, 2014.