UFC Fight Night: Lauzon vs. Stephens
|UFC Fight Night: Lauzon vs. Stephens|
The poster for UFC Fight Night: Lauzon vs. Stephens.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||February 7, 2009|
|Venue||USF Sun Dome|
The main event was originally scheduled to be between Joe Lauzon and Hermes Franca. However, Franca suffered a torn ACL during training and could no longer participate in this event. He was replaced by Jeremy Stephens.
|Main card (Spike TV)|
|Lightweight||Joe Lauzon||def.||Jeremy Stephens||Submission (armbar)||2||4:43|
|Heavyweight||Cain Velasquez||def.||Denis Stojnić||TKO (punches)||2||2:34|
|Lightweight||Josh Neer||def.||Mac Danzig||Submission (triangle choke)||2||3:36|
|Welterweight||Anthony Johnson||def.||Luigi Fioravanti||TKO (punches)||1||4:39|
|Lightweight||Kurt Pellegrino||def.||Rob Emerson||Submission (rear-naked choke)||2||3:14|
|Middleweight||Dan Miller||def.||Jake Rosholt||Submission (guillotine choke)||1||1:03||[a]|
|Lightweight||Matt Veach||def.||Matt Grice||TKO (punches)||1||4:34|
|Lightweight||Gleison Tibau||def.||Rich Clementi||Submission (guillotine choke)||1||4:35||[b]|
|Middleweight||Nick Catone||def.||Derek Downey||Submission (keylock)||2||1:15|
|Welterweight||Matthew Riddle||def.||Steve Bruno||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
- This bout was aired on the broadcast following the Neer vs Danzig bout.
- This bout was aired on the broadcast following the Miller vs Rosholt bout.
Fighters were awarded $30,000 bonuses.
- Fights of the Night: Mac Danzig vs. Josh Neer
- Knockout of the Night: Cain Velasquez
- Submission of the Night: Joe Lauzon
- "MMA Insider Blog". MMAWeekly.com. December 10, 2008. Archived from the original on December 20, 2008. Retrieved January 13, 2009.
- "UFC Fight Night 17 fighters salaries". MmaWeekly.com. Archived from the original on February 11, 2009. Retrieved February 10, 2009.
- Caplan, Sam (November 18, 2008). "UFC Fight Night 17 scheduled for February 7". FiveOuncesofPain.com. Retrieved January 13, 2009.
- "Hermes Franca Tears ACL; Off of UFC Fight Night 17". DemandMMA.com. January 26, 2009. Archived from the original on February 1, 2009. Retrieved January 27, 2009.
- "Neer, Danzig, Velasquez and Lauzon each earn $30K UFN 17 bonuses". MMAJunkie.com. February 7, 2009. Archived from the original on February 11, 2009. Retrieved February 7, 2009.