UFC Fight Night: Lee vs. Oliveira
|UFC Fight Night: Lee vs. Oliveira|
The poster for UFC Fight Night: Lee vs. Oliveira.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||March 14, 2020|
|Venue||Ginásio Nilson Nelson|
UFC Fight Night: Lee vs. Oliveira (also known as UFC Fight Night 170 and UFC on ESPN+ 28) is an upcoming mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship that is planned to take place on March 14, 2020 at Ginásio Nilson Nelson in Brasília, Brazil.
A middleweight bout between Brad Tavares and Antônio Carlos Júnior was scheduled for the event. However, Tavares was forced to pull out of the fight due to an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury. He was replaced by Makhmud Muradov. In turn, Carlos Júnior suffered from an unspecified injury and the bout was cancelled from the event.
A women's strawweight bout between Paige VanZant and Amanda Ribas was scheduled for the event. However, VanZant was forced to pull out of the fight due to an undisclosed injury. VanZant requested to reschedule the bout one month later, but Ribas decided to remain at the event and Randa Markos stepped in as the replacement.
A flyweight between Su Mudaerji and Bruno Gustavo da Silva was scheduled at the event. However, due to 2019–20 novel coronavirus outbreak, Mudaerji was forced to withdraw from the event as he would not travel to prepare for the fight and was replaced by promotional newcomer David Dvořák.
|Lightweight||Kevin Lee||vs.||Charles Oliveira|
|Welterweight||Demian Maia||vs.||Gilbert Burns|
|Welterweight||Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos||vs.||Alexey Kunchenko|
|Lightweight||Renato Moicano||vs.||Damir Hadžović|
|Light Heavyweight||Johnny Walker||vs.||Nikita Krylov|
|Flyweight||Jussier Formiga||vs.||Brandon Moreno|
|Bantamweight||Rani Yahya||vs.||Enrique Barzola|
|Women's Flyweight||Maryna Moroz||vs.||Mayra Bueno Silva|
|Lightweight||Francisco Trinaldo||vs.||John Makdessi|
|Women's Bantamweight||Veronica Macedo||vs.||Bea Malecki|
|Women's Strawweight||Randa Markos||vs.||Amanda Ribas|
- Flyweight bout: Gustavo da Silva vs. David Dvořák 
- Redactie. "Hawaiian Brad Tavares meets Antonio Carlos Junior during UFC Brasilia". Retrieved 2019-12-03. (in Dutch)
- Farah Hannoun (2019-12-03). "Antonio Carlos Junior vs. Brad Tavares added to UFC Brasilia in March". mmajunkie. Retrieved 2019-12-03.
- Mike Bohn (2019-11-26). "Paige VanZant returns to strawweight, meets Amanda Ribas at UFC's March 14 event in Brazil". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-12-04.
- Guilherme Cruz and Damon Martin (2020-01-14). "Kevin Lee vs. Charles Oliveira set to headline UFC Brasilia in March". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2020-01-14.
- Marcelo Barone and Raphael Marinho. "Brad Tavares injured and out of fight against Cara de Sapato at UFC Brasília". Globoesporte. Retrieved 2019-12-31.(in Portuguese)
- Jay Pettry. "Makhmud Muradov steps in against Antonio Carlos Jr. at UFC Brasilia". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2020-01-04.
- "Antonio Carlos Junior injured, Makhmud Muradov fight scratched from UFC on ESPN+ 28". MMA Junkie. 2020-01-13. Retrieved 2020-01-14.
- Jay Pettry. "Report: Paige VanZant Out, Randa Markos In Against Amanda Ribas at UFC Brasilia". sherdog.com. Sherdog. Retrieved 2020-01-24.
- Marcelo Barone. "Coronavirus epidemic complicates Su Mudaerji's training in Tibet and athlete leaves UFC UFC card". globoesporte. Retrieved 2020-02-08.(in Portuguese)
- "UFC Fight Night: Lee vs. Oliveira". www.ufc.com. Retrieved 2019-12-27.