UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Mousasi
|UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Mousasi|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||February 15, 2014|
|City||Jaraguá do Sul, Brazil|
UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Mousasi (also known as UFC Fight Night 36) was a mixed martial arts event held on February 15, 2014 at the Arena Jaraguá in Jaraguá do Sul, Brazil. The event was broadcast live on Fox Sports 1.
Returning veteran Nate Loughran was expected to face Erick Silva at the event. However, Loughran was forced out of the bout with an injury and was replaced by promotional newcomer Takenori Sato.
This event was the first one to feature the new post-fight bonus structure. Fight of the Night bonuses remained, while the Submission of the Night and Knockout of the Night were both replaced by two Performance of the Night bonuses. They were awarded to fighters who display "the two best individual performances on the card," according to a statement released by the UFC.
The event equaled the record of most decisions on a UFC card set at UFC 169, with ten decisions. The event also had a total fight time of 2:53:32, setting a new record for the longest event in UFC history, beating the previous record of 2:51:14, also set at UFC 169.
|Main card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Middleweight||Lyoto Machida||def.||Gegard Mousasi||Decision (unanimous) (49–46, 50–45, 50–45)||5||5:00|
|Middleweight||Ronaldo Souza||def.||Francis Carmont||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Erick Silva||def.||Takenori Sato||TKO (punches)||1||0:52|
|Welterweight||Nico Musoke||def.||Viscardi Andrade||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Featherweight||Charles Oliveira||def.||Andy Ogle||Submission (triangle choke)||3||2:40|
|Preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Lightweight||Joe Proctor||def.||Cristiano Marcello||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 30–27, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Rodrigo Damm||def.||Ivan Jorge||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Francisco Trinaldo||def.||Jesse Ronson||Decision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Bantamweight||Iuri Alcântara||def.||Wilson Reis||Decision (split) (28–29, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Featherweight||Felipe Arantes||def.||Maximo Blanco||Decision (unanimous) (29–27, 29–27, 29–27)||3||5:00||[a]|
|Welterweight||Ildemar Alcântara||def.||Albert Tumenov||Decision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Featherweight||Zubaira Tukhugov||def.||Douglas Silva de Andrade||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
- Blanco was docked 1 point in the third round for a kick to the groin.
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Lyoto Machida vs. Gegard Mousasi
- Performance of the Night: Erick Silva and Charles Oliveira
- John Morgan (February 16, 2014). "UFC Fight Night 36 draws reported attendance of 7,511". mmajunkie.com.
- Staff (2013-11-01). "Lyoto Machida vs. Gegard Mousasi Expected to Headline UFC Fight Card in Brazil". sports.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2013-11-01.
- Staff (2013-11-19). "UFC Fight Night 36 co-main event set: ‘Jacare’ Souza faces off with Francis Carmont on new date". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-11-19.
- John Morgan (2014-01-04). "Nate Loughran out at UFC Fight Night 36, promotion seeks new opponent for Erick Silva". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- Ivan Raupp (2013-12-11). "Campeão do Pancrase é contratado pelo UFC e estreia contra Erick Silva (Brazilian Portuguese)". sportv.globo.com. Retrieved 2013-12-11.
- Staff (2014-02-06). "Newcomer Douglas de Andrade meets Zubair Tuhugov at UFC Fight Night 36". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-02-06.
- Shaun Al-Shatti (2014-02-11). "UFC alters post-fight bonus structure". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- Tristen Critchfield (2014-02-16). "By the Numbers: UFC Fight Night 36". Sherdog. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
- "UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Mousasi". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2013-11-19.
- Staff (2014-02-16). "UFC Fight Night 36 bonuses: Silva, Oliveira earn first 'performance' bonuses". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-02-16.