UFC Fight Night: McDonald vs. Lineker
|UFC Fight Night: McDonald vs. Lineker|
The poster for UFC Fight Night: McDonald vs. Lineker.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||July 13, 2016|
|Venue||Denny Sanford Premier Center|
|City||Sioux Falls, South Dakota|
UFC Fight Night: McDonald vs. Lineker (also known as UFC Fight Night 91) was a mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship held on July 13, 2016, at Denny Sanford Premier Center in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
A lightweight bout between The Ultimate Fighter winners was scheduled to headline the event, as The Ultimate Fighter: Team Lesnar vs. Team dos Santos winner Tony Ferguson was expected to face The Ultimate Fighter: Live winner Michael Chiesa. However, Chiesa pulled out due to a back injury on June 27. On the following day, it was announced that promotional newcomer Lando Vannata would replace him and the bout would be moved to the co-main event, as a bantamweight bout between former interim UFC Bantamweight Championship challenger Michael McDonald and John Lineker was revealed as the new headliner.
Alex White was expected to face The Ultimate Fighter: Team McGregor vs. Team Faber winner Ryan Hall, but pulled out on June 28 due to an undisclosed injury. Hall elected to fight on a different date rather than have the promotion find him a replacement.
|Main Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Bantamweight||John Lineker||def.||Michael McDonald||KO (punches)||1||2:43|
|Lightweight||Tony Ferguson||def.||Lando Vannata||Submission (D'Arce choke)||2||2:22|
|Middleweight||Tim Boetsch||def.||Josh Samman||TKO (punches)||2||3:49|
|Heavyweight||Daniel Omielańczuk||def.||Oleksiy Oliynyk||Decision (majority) (28-28, 29-28, 29-28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Keita Nakamura||def.||Kyle Noke||Submission (rear-naked choke)||2||4:59|
|Flyweight||Louis Smolka||def.||Ben Nguyen||TKO (punches and elbows)||2||4:41|
|Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Women's Bantamweight||Katlyn Chookagian||def.||Lauren Murphy||Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Sam Alvey||def.||Eric Spicely||Submission (guillotine choke)||1||2:43|
|Women's Strawweight||Cortney Casey||def.||Cristina Stanciu||TKO (elbows)||1||2:36|
|Lightweight||Scott Holtzman||def.||Cody Pfister||Decision (unanimous) (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Bantamweight||Rani Yahya||def.||Matthew Lopez||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||3||4:19|
|Middleweight||Alex Nicholson||def.||Devin Clark||KO (punch)||1||4:57|
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Tony Ferguson vs. Lando Vannata
- Performance of the Night: John Lineker and Louis Smolka
- Staff (2016-07-14). "UFC Fight Night 91 draws announced 5,671 fans for $381,945 live gate in South Dakota". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-07-14.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2016-04-16). "UFC makes first trip to South Dakota in July". ufc.com. Retrieved 2016-04-16.
- Ryan T Heuer (2016-07-14). "Area fans get taste of UFC in Sioux Falls". argusleader.com. Retrieved 2016-07-14.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2016-05-08). "Sioux Falls and Chicago headliners announced". ufc.com. Retrieved 2016-05-08.
- Staff (2016-06-27). "Michael Chiesa injured, out of July 13 UFC Fight Night headliner with Tony Ferguson". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2016-06-27.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2016-06-28). "McDonald-Lineker to headline Sioux Falls event on July 13". ufc.com. Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- Tristen Critchfield (2016-06-28). "UFC Fight Night Sioux Falls update: Alex White-Ryan Hall featherweight bout canceled". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- "UFC Fight Night: McDonald vs. Lineker". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2016-04-20.
- Staff (2016-07-13). "UFC Fight Night 91 bonuses: As if there was any question, Ferguson and Vannata lead the way". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-07-13.