UFC Fight Night: Mir vs. Duffee
|UFC Fight Night: Mir vs. Duffee|
The poster for UFC Fight Night: Mir vs. Duffee.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||July 15, 2015|
|Venue||Valley View Casino Center|
|City||San Diego, California|
Bobby Green was expected to face Al Iaquinta at the event. However, Green pulled out of the fight on June 17 due to an ACL tear and was replaced by former WEC and Strikeforce Lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez. On July 6, it was announced that Melendez tested positive for testosterone metabolites of an exogenous origin at UFC 188. He denied using anything, but stated that he is "responsible for the products he uses and their implications". Melendez was suspended one year, effective from the date of his last bout. As a result, he was pulled from the fight against Iaquinta, who in turn, was also removed from the card.
A featherweight bout between Rani Yahya and Masanori Kanehara initially slated for UFC Fight Night 70, was shifted to this event, as several participants on that card were unable to secure travel visas in time for that event restricting their travel to the United States.
|Main Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Heavyweight||Frank Mir||def.||Todd Duffee||KO (punch)||1||1:13|
|Lightweight||Tony Ferguson||def.||Josh Thomson||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–26)||3||5:00|
|Women's Bantamweight||Holly Holm||def.||Marion Reneau||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–26, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Bantamweight||Manvel Gamburyan||def.||Scott Jorgensen||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Kevin Lee||def.||James Moontasri||Submission (rear-naked choke)||1||2:56|
|Welterweight||Alan Jouban||def.||Matt Dwyer||Decision (unanimous) (29–27, 29–27, 29–27)||3||5:00||[a]|
|Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Featherweight||Sam Sicilia||def.||Yaotzin Meza||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Women's Bantamweight||Jéssica Andrade||def.||Sarah Moras||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Bantamweight||Rani Yahya||def.||Masanori Kanehara||Decision (split) (29–28, 28–29, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Sean Strickland||def.||Igor Araújo||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–26)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Middleweight||Kevin Casey||def.||Ildemar Alcântara||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Lyman Good||def.||Andrew Craig||KO (punches)||2||3:37|
- Jouban was deducted one point in the first round for an illegal knee strike.
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Alan Jouban vs. Matt Dwyer
- Performance of the Night: Frank Mir and Tony Ferguson
The following is the reported payout to the fighters as reported to the California State Athletic Commission. It does not include sponsor money or "locker room" bonuses often given by the UFC and also do not include the UFC's traditional "fight night" bonuses.
- Frank Mir: $200,000 (no win bonus) def. Todd Duffee: $12,000
- Tony Ferguson: $60,000 ($30,000 win bonus) def. Josh Thomson: $85,000
- Holly Holm: $50,000 ($25,000 win bonus) def. Marion Reneau: $12,000
- Manvel Gamburyan: $60,000 ($30,000 win bonus) def. Scott Jorgensen: $33,000
- Kevin Lee: $36,000 ($18,000 win bonus) def. James Moontasri: $10,000
- Alan Jouban: $30,000 ($15,000 win bonus) def. Matt Dwyer: $10,000
- Sam Sicilia: $36,000 ($18,000 win bonus) vs. Yaotzin Meza: $16,000
- Jéssica Andrade: $32,000 ($16,000 win bonus) def. Sarah Moras: $10,000
- Rani Yahya: $54,000 ($27,000 win bonus) def. Masanori Kanehara: $14,000
- Sean Strickland: $34,000 ($17,000 win bonus) def. Igor Araújo: $15,000
- Kevin Casey: $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus) def. Ildemar Alcântara: $20,000
- Lyman Good: $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus) def. Andrew Craig: $17,000
- Staff (2015-07-16). "UFC Fight Night 71 draws reported attendance of 5,471 for $412,000 gate". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-07-16.
- Damon Martin (2015-04-08). "Frank Mir vs. Todd Duffee will main event UFC Fight Night in San Diego". foxsports.com. Retrieved 2015-04-08.
- Ariel Helwani (2015-06-17). "Gilbert Melendez agrees to fight Al Iaquinta at UFC Fight Night San Diego". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-06-17.
- UFC press release (2015-07-06). "UFC statement on Gilbert Melendez". ufc.com. Retrieved 2015-07-06.
- Staff (2015-07-06). "With Gilbert Melendez suspended, Al Iaquinta scratched from UFC Fight Night in San Diego". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2015-07-06.
- Staff (2015-06-19). "Visa issues force massive shuffling at next week's UFC Fight Night 70 event". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-06-19.
- Staff (2015-06-24). "Lyman Good signs with UFC, replaces Edgar Garcia at UFC Fight Night 71 against Andrew Craig". themmareport.com. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2015-07-01). "Choi Injured, Meza to Face Sicilia". UFC.com. Retrieved 2015-07-01.
- "UFC Fight Night: Mir vs. Duffee". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2015-04-08.
- Staff (2015-07-16). "UFC Fight Night 71 bonuses: Frank Mir's crushing KO nets him $50,000". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-07-16.
- Shaun Al-Shatti (2015-07-20). "UFC Fight Night 71 salaries: Frank Mir scores $200,000 payday for KO win". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-07-20.
|This article related to mixed martial arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|