UFC Fight Night: Moicano vs. The Korean Zombie
|UFC Fight Night: Moicano vs. The Korean Zombie|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||June 22, 2019|
|Venue||Bon Secours Wellness Arena|
|City||Greenville, South Carolina|
UFC Fight Night: Moicano vs. The Korean Zombie (also known as UFC Fight Night 154 or UFC on ESPN+ 12) was a mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship held on June 22, 2019 at Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville, South Carolina.
A middleweight bout between Markus Perez and Deron Winn was scheduled for the event. However, on May 9, it was reported that Perez had pulled out of the fight due to injury and was replaced by promotional newcomer Bruno Silva. On June 16, it was reported that Silva was forced out of the bout due to a potential anti-doping violation by USADA and was replaced by returning veteran Eric Spicely.
A bantamweight bout between Cody Stamann and Rob Font was scheduled to take place at the event. However, Stamann pulled out due to an injury and was replaced by John Lineker. The pairing met previously at UFC 198 on May 2016, with Lineker winning the fight via unanimous decision. In turn, Lineker pulled out due to a cut over his eyebrow on weigh in day. As a result, Font did not compete at the event and will be rescheduled for a future event.
|Main Card (ESPN+)|
|Featherweight||Chan Sung Jung||def.||Renato Moicano||TKO (punches)||1||0:58|
|Welterweight||Randy Brown||def.||Bryan Barberena||TKO (punches)||3||2:54|
|Bantamweight||Andre Ewell||def.||Anderson dos Santos||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–27)||3||5:00|
|Women's Flyweight||Andrea Lee||def.||Montana De La Rosa||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Kevin Holland||def.||Alessio Di Chirico||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary Card (ESPN)|
|Featherweight||Dan Ige||def.||Kevin Aguilar||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–27)||3||5:00|
|Women's Strawweight||Ashley Yoder||def.||Syuri Kondo||Decision (unanimous) (30–26, 30–25, 30–24)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Luis Peña||def.||Matt Wiman||TKO (punches)||3||1:14|
|Heavyweight||Jairzinho Rozenstruik||def.||Allen Crowder||KO (punches)||1||0:09|
|Women's Flyweight||Molly McCann||def.||Ariane Lipski||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Deron Winn||def.||Eric Spicely||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
The following fighters received $50,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Deron Winn vs. Eric Spicely
- Performance of the Night: Chan Sung Jung and Jairzinho Rozenstruik
- Stephie Hayne (2019-06-22). "UFC Greenville post-fight bonuses: The Korean Zombie crushes Moicano in POTN win". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2019-06-23.
- Newswire (2019-03-03). "UFC announces dates for second quarter of 2019". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2019-03-04.
- Staff (2018-03-04). "UFC announces new May–June events including Rochester, Greenville, Minneapolis". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-03-04.
- Steven Marrocco (2019-05-02). "Chan Sung Jung vs. Renato Moicano to headline UFC on ESPN+ 12 in South Carolina". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-05-02.
- Newswire (2019-05-09). "Markus Perez out of UFC Greenville bout vs. Deron Winn due to injury". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2019-05-10.
- Alexander K. Lee (2019-05-16). "Deron Winn to fight short-notice replacement Bruno Silva at UFC Greenville". mmfighting. Retrieved 2019-05-16.
- Nolan King (2019-06-17). "Eric Spicely replaces Bruno Silva against Deron Winn at UFC on ESPN+ 12 in Greenville". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-06-17.
- Cole Shelton (2019-06-05). "Cody Stamann hurt; John Lineker now fights Rob Font at UFC Greenville". mmanews.com. Retrieved 2019-06-06.
- Brent Brookhouse (2016-05-14). "UFC 198 results: John Lineker's powerful striking overwhelms Rob Font for decision win". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-06-18.
- Nolan King (2019-06-21). "John Lineker out of UFC on ESPN+ 12 fight vs. Rob Font". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-06-21.
- "UFC Fight Night: Moicano vs. Korean Zombie". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2019-06-22.