UFC Fight Night: Mousasi vs. Hall 2
|UFC Fight Night: Mousasi vs. Hall 2|
The poster for UFC Fight Night: Mousasi vs. Hall 2.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||19 November 2016|
|Venue||The SSE Arena|
|City||Belfast, Northern Ireland|
UFC Fight Night: Mousasi vs. Hall 2 (also known as UFC Fight Night 99) was a mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship that was held on 19 November 2016 at The SSE Arena in Belfast, Northern Ireland
A welterweight bout between ranked contenders Dong Hyun Kim and Gunnar Nelson was expected to serve as the headlined of the event. However, on 21 October, it was announced that Nelson pulled out due to an injury and the fight was off. Kim is expected to be rescheduled for a future event. In turn, a middleweight rematch between former Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Champion Gegard Mousasi and Uriah Hall was announced as the new headliner. The pairing met previously in September 2015 at UFC Fight Night: Barnett vs. Nelson with Hall taking the victory via second round highlight reel TKO in what was considered a huge upset.
A lightweight bout between Ross Pearson and James Krause was originally booked for The Ultimate Fighter: Team Joanna vs. Team Cláudia Finale. However, Krause pulled out due to undisclosed reasons. The fight was later rescheduled for this event and was expected to serve as the co-main event. Subsequently, on 26 October, Krause pulled out of the fight citing a torn hamstring. He was then replaced by Stevie Ray.
At the weigh-ins, Zak Cummings came in at 172.8 lbs, nearly two pounds over the welterweight limit of 171 lbs. As a result, Cummings was fined 20% of his purse, which went to his opponent Alexander Yakovlev and the bout proceeded as scheduled at a catchweight.
A flyweight bout between Ian McCall and Neil Seery was scheduled for the event. However, as Seery was weighing in for the event, it was announced that McCall had to pull out of the fight after becoming ill due the effects of his weight cut and the bout was scrapped.
|Main Card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Middleweight||Gegard Mousasi||def.||Uriah Hall||TKO (punches)||1||4:37|
|Lightweight||Stevie Ray||def.||Ross Pearson||Decision (split) (27–30, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Heavyweight||Alexander Volkov||def.||Timothy Johnson||Decision (split) (29–28, 27–30, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Featherweight||Artem Lobov||def.||Teruto Ishihara||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Middleweight||Jack Marshman||def.||Magnus Cedenblad||TKO (punches)||2||3:32|
|Flyweight||Kyoji Horiguchi||def.||Ali Bagautinov||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Kevin Lee||def.||Magomed Mustafaev||Technical Submission (rear-naked choke)||2||4:31|
|Women's Strawweight||Amanda Cooper||def.||Anna Elmose||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Heavyweight||Justin Ledet||def.||Mark Godbeer||Submission (rear-naked choke)||1||2:16|
|Catchweight (172.8 lbs)||Zak Cummings||def.||Alexander Yakovlev||Submission (straight armbar)||2||4:02|
|Women's Bantamweight||Marion Reneau||def.||Milana Dudieva||TKO (punches and elbows)||3||3:03|
|Bantamweight||Brett Johns||def.||Kwan Ho Kwak||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Abdul Razak Alhassan||def.||Charlie Ward||KO (punches)||1||0:53|
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Not awarded
- Performance of the Night: Jack Marshman, Kevin Lee, Justin Ledet and Abdul Razak Alhassan
- Staff (19 November 2016). "UFC Fight Night 99 draws announced attendance of 7,222 for $850,000 live gate in Belfast". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- Stuart Fraser (19 August 2016). "UFC returning to Northern Ireland with Fight Night Belfast scheduled for SSE Arena in November". Daily Mail. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
- Press Release (1 September 2016). "Kim and Nelson to headline UFC's return to Belfast". ufc.com. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- Ariel Helwani (24 August 2016). "Gunnar Nelson vs. Dong Hyun Kim slated for UFC's return to Northern Ireland". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 24 August 2016.
- Darragh Murphy (21 October 2016). "UFC Belfast loses main event as SBG's Gunnar Nelson suffers injury". sportsjoe.ie. Retrieved 21 October 2016.
- Marc Raimondi (21 October 2016). "Gegard Mousasi vs. Uriah Hall 2 to main event UFC Belfast with Gunnar Nelson out". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 21 October 2016.
- Nick Schwartz (27 September 2015). "UFC's Uriah Hall stuns Gegard Mousasi with a gorgeous spinning back kick". USA Today Sports. Retrieved 21 October 2016.
- John Morgan (13 June 2016). "James Krause withdraws from The Ultimate Fighter 23 Finale, UFC seeks new opponent for Ross Pearson". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- Staff (22 September 2016). "Ross Pearson vs. James Krause slated for UFC Fight Night 99 in Belfast". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- Staff (26 October 2016). "James Krause injured, out of UFC Fight Night 99 co-main event vs. Ross Pearson". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- Ariel Helwani (26 October 2016). "Stevie Ray expected to replace injured James Krause against Ross Pearson at UFN: Belfast". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- Ben Kiely (13 October 2016). "UFC Belfast benefits greatly from cancelled Manila event as exciting flyweight bout finds new home". sportsjoe.ie. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- Staff (18 November 2016). "UFC Fight Night 99 weigh-in results: Mousasi-Hall official, McCall-Seery scrapped". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- Matt Erickson (18 November 2016). "Again? Seriously? Illness forces Ian McCall out of UFC Fight Night 99 fight with Neil Seery". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "UFC Fight Night: Mousasi vs. Hall 2". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- Staff (19 November 2016). "UFC Fight Night 99 bonuses: With no 'Fight of the Night,' which 4 fighters took home $50,000?". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 20 November 2016.