UFC Fight Night: Nogueira vs. Davis
|UFC Fight Night: Nogueira vs. Davis|
A poster or logo for UFC Fight Night: Nogueira vs. Davis.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||March 26, 2011|
UFC Fight Night: Nogueira vs. Davis (also known as UFC Fight Night 24) was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on March 26, 2011 at the KeyArena in Seattle, Washington.
The event did not lead into the season premiere of The Ultimate Fighter 13 as has been the case for most of that program's seasonal debuts. That took place on March 30.
On February 19, 2011, Dana White alerted followers on Twitter that Tito Ortiz had to pull out of his fight with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, after receiving a severe cut on his forehead, and would be replaced by Phil Davis.
On March 5, Duane Ludwig was forced out of his fight with Amir Sadollah due to injury. James Wilks was tapped as his replacement. Wilks then injured himself, and was forced to withdraw from the bout. DaMarques Johnson was the replacement. Also on March 5, Dennis Hallman suffered a knee injury in training and was forced out of his bout against TJ Waldburger. Johny Hendricks stepped in as Hallman's replacement.
Also on March 16, a broken foot forced Nam Phan out of his rematch with Leonard Garcia and was replaced by Chan Sung Jung creating a rematch from their fight of the night performance at WEC 48: Aldo vs. Faber, which ended in a controversial decision win for Garcia.
The UFC announced via their official Twitter account that five preliminary bouts would stream on Facebook. This would also be the last UFC event until UFC on Fox: Evans vs. Davis the following year to feature at least one unaired preliminary fight.
|Light Heavyweight||Phil Davis||def.||Antônio Rogério Nogueira||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Anthony Johnson||def.||Dan Hardy||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Amir Sadollah||def.||DaMarques Johnson||Submission (strikes)||2||3:27|
|Featherweight||Chan Sung Jung||def.||Leonard Garcia||Submission (twister)||2||4:59|
|Preliminary card (Facebook)|
|Heavyweight||Mike Russow||def.||Jon Madsen||TKO (doctor stoppage)||2||5:00|
|Featherweight||Mackens Semerzier||def.||Alex Caceres||Submission (rear-naked choke)||1||3:18|
|Welterweight||John Hathaway||def.||Kris McCray||Decision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Bantamweight||Michael McDonald||def.||Edwin Figueroa||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Heavyweight||Christian Morecraft||def.||Sean McCorkle||Technical Submission (guillotine choke)||2||4:10|
|Welterweight||Johny Hendricks||def.||TJ Waldburger||TKO (punches)||1||1:35|
|Middleweight||Aaron Simpson||def.||Mario Miranda||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–26)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Nik Lentz||def.||Waylon Lowe||Submission (guillotine choke)||3||2:24|
Fighters were awarded $55,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Michael McDonald vs. Edwin Figueroa
- Knockout of the Night: Johny Hendricks
- Submission of the Night: Chan Sung Jung
The following is the reported payout to the fighters as reported to the Washington State Department of Licensing. It does not include sponsor money or "locker room" bonuses often given by the UFC and also do not include the UFC's traditional "fight night" bonuses.
- Phil Davis: $34,000 (includes $17,000 win bonus) def. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira: $90,000
- Anthony Johnson: $40,000 ($20,000 win bonus) def. Dan Hardy: $25,000
- Amir Sadollah: $40,000 ($20,000 win bonus) def. DaMarques Johnson: $14,000
- Chan Sung Jung: $10,000 ($5,000 win bonus) def. Leonard Garcia: $18,000
- Mike Russow: $28,000 ($14,000 win bonus) def. Jon Madsen: $10,000
- Mackens Semerzier: $12,000 ($6,000 win bonus) def. Alex Caceres: $8,000
- John Hathaway: $26,000 ($13,000 win bonus) def. Kris McCray: $10,000
- Michael McDonald: $10,000 ($5,000 win bonus) def. Edwin Figueroa: $6,000
- Christian Morecraft: $12,000 ($6,000 win bonus) def. Sean McCorkle: $10,000
- Johny Hendricks: $44,000 ($22,000 win bonus) def. TJ Waldburger: $8,000
- Aaron Simpson: $30,000 ($15,000 win bonus) def. Mario Miranda: $10,000
- Nik Lentz: $30,000 ($15,000 win bonus) def. Waylon Lowe: $12,000
- "UFC Fight Night 24 officially draws record 13,741 attendance, $1.2 million gate". mmajunkie.com. March 29, 2011.
- "UFC Fight Night: Seattle". ufc.com. January 13, 2011.
- "Tito Ortiz out, Phil Davis faces Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at UFC Fight Night 24". mmajunkie.com. February 19, 2011.
- "TUF Winners Collide on March 26". UFC.com. March 5, 2011.
- Mrosko, Geno (March 13, 2011). "UFC Fight Night 24: Amir Sadollah vs DaMarques Johnson booked with James Wilks out". MMAMania.com. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- "Hallman out, Hendricks in against Waldburger". mmajunkie.com. March 5, 2011.
- "Pace out, Figueroa in". mmajunkie.com. March 5, 2011.
- "Three new bouts added to UFC Fight Night 24's free Facebook stream". mmajunkie.com. March 24, 2011.
- Morgan, John; Stupp, Dann (March 27, 2011). "UFC Fight Night 24 bonuses: Jung, Hendricks, McDonald, Figueroa get $55K awards". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- "UFC Fight Night 24 salaries: Nogueira's $90K leads $537K payroll". mmajunkie.com. 2011-03-28.