UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Oleinik
|UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Oleinik|
The poster for UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Oleinik.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||April 20, 2019|
|Venue||Yubileyny Sports Palace|
|City||Saint Petersburg, Russia|
UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Oleinik (also known as UFC Fight Night 149 or UFC on ESPN+ 7) was a mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship held on April 20, 2019 at Yubileyny Sports Palace in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
A heavyweight bout between former Bellator Heavyweight Champion Alexander Volkov and the 2010 K-1 World Grand Prix Champion and former Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion Alistair Overeem was planned to serve as the event headliner. However, Volkov pulled out of the bout due to health issues. He was replaced by Aleksei Oleinik.
Emil Weber Meek was briefly connected to a welterweight bout against Sultan Aliev at the event. However, Meek was withdrawn from the card for an undisclosed reason and was replaced by Keita Nakamura.
Promotional newcomer Roman Kopylov was scheduled to make his debut against Krzysztof Jotko at the event. However, Kopylov pulled out of the bout on March 22 citing injury and was replaced by promotional newcomer Alen Amedovski.
Muin Gaurov was scheduled to face Movsar Evloev at the event. However, it was reported on March 24 that Gaurov is still contracted with ONE Championship, thus his contract with UFC was annulled. Evloev instead faced promotional newcomer Seung Woo Choi.
Abdul-Kerim Edilov was scheduled to face Devin Clark at the event. However, Edilov's removal from the card for undisclosed reasons was announced on March 25 and was replaced by promotional newcomer Ivan Shtyrkov. In turn, it was reported that the bout was cancelled a day before the event after Shtyrkov was hospitalized.
Teemu Packalén was scheduled to face Alexander Yakovlev at the event. However, Packalén was removed from the card in early April for undisclosed reasons and was replaced by promotional newcomer Alex da Silva Coelho.
|Main Card (ESPN+)|
|Heavyweight||Alistair Overeem||def.||Aleksei Oleinik||TKO (knees and punches)||1||4:45|
|Lightweight||Islam Makhachev||def.||Arman Tsarukyan||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Heavyweight||Sergei Pavlovich||def.||Marcelo Golm||KO (punches)||1||1:06|
|Women's Flyweight||Roxanne Modafferi||def.||Antonina Shevchenko||Decision (split) (29–28, 28–29, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Krzysztof Jotko||def.||Alen Amedovski||Decision (unanimous) (30–25, 30–26, 30–26)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary Card (ESPN2)|
|Featherweight||Movsar Evloev||def.||Seung Woo Choi||Decision (unanimous) (29–27, 29–27, 29–26)||3||5:00||[a]|
|Welterweight||Sultan Aliev||def.||Keita Nakamura||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Alexander Yakovlev||def.||Alex da Silva Coelho||Submission (guillotine choke)||2||3:10|
|Heavyweight||Shamil Abdurakhimov||def.||Marcin Tybura||TKO (punches)||2||3:15|
|Light Heavyweight||Michał Oleksiejczuk||def.||Gadzhimurad Antigulov||KO (punches)||1||0:44|
|Lightweight||Magomed Mustafaev||def.||Rafael Fiziev||TKO (spinning back kick and punches)||1||1:26|
- Evloev was deducted one point in round 2 due to an illegal knee.
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Islam Makhachev vs. Arman Tsarukyan
- Performance of the Night: Sergei Pavlovich and Magomed Mustafaev
- Fernando Quiles Jr. (2019-04-20). "UFC St. Petersburg Bonuses & Attendance Revealed • MMA News". mmanews.com. Retrieved 2019-04-21.
- Marcel Dorff (2019-02-09). "Alexander Volkov vs. Alistair Overeem is the Main Event for UFC St.Petersburg" (in Dutch). mmadna.com. Retrieved 2019-02-09.
- Press Release (2019-02-22). "UFC debuts in Saint Petersburg on April 20th". ufc.com. Retrieved 2019-02-22.
- Marcel Dorff (2019-01-09). "Alexander Volkov vs. Alistair Overeem during UFC St.Petersburg" (in Dutch). mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2019-01-02.
- Andrew Ravens (2019-04-03). "Alistair Overeem receives new opponent at UFC St. Petersburg". lowkick.com. Retrieved 2019-04-03.
- Dario Ferrari Rocha Teixeira (2019-03-03). "Emil Meek out, Sultan Aliev now faces Keita Nakamura at UFC St Petersburg" (in Portuguese). torcedores.com. Retrieved 2019-03-04.
- Marcel Dorff (2019-03-09). "Georgian Roman Dolidze makes UFC debut in St. Petersburg against Gadzhimurad Antigulovv" (in Dutch). mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2019-03-02.
- Marcel Dorff (2019-03-15). "Michal Oleksiejczuk replaces Roman Dolidze against Gadzhimurad Antigulov in St.Petersburg" (in Dutch). mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2019-03-15.
- Marcel Dorff (2019-02-25). "FNG Champion Roman Kopylov makes UFC debut against Krzysztof Jotko in St.Petersburg" (in Dutch). mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2019-02-25.
- Marcel Dorff (2019-03-22). "Roman Kopylov out, Alen Amedovski against Kryzysztof Jotko during UFC St.Petersburg" (in Dutch). mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2019-03-22.
- Marcel Dorff (2019-03-25). "Seung Woo Choi makes UFC debut in St. Petersburg against Movsar Evloev" (in Dutch). mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2019-03-25.
- Marcel Dorff (2019-03-05). "Abdul-Kerim Edilov returns against Devin Clark during UFC St. Petersburg" (in Dutch). mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2019-03-05.
- Marcel Dorff (2019-03-05). "EXCLUSIVE: "Ural Hulk" takes a short notice game against Devin Clark during UFC St. Petersburg" (in Dutch). mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2019-03-05.
- Staff (2019-04-19). "Devin Clark vs. Ivan Shtyrkov off UFC St. Petersburg card". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-04-19.
- Marcel Dorff (2019-02-06). "Alexander Yakovlev vs. Teemu Packalen at UFC St.Petersburg" (in Dutch). mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2019-02-06.
- Raphael Marinho (2019-04-04). "Alex Leko is signed by UFC and faces Yakovlev in Russia on April 20" (in Portuguese). sportv.globo.com. Retrieved 2019-04-04.
- "UFC Fight Night: Volkov vs. Overeem". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2019-02-22.
- Dave Doyle (2019-04-20). "UFC St. Petersburg bonuses: Islam Makhachev's battle with Arman Tsarukyan takes Fight of the Night". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-04-20.
|This article related to mixed martial arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|