UFC Fight Night: Stephens vs. Choi
|UFC Fight Night: Stephens vs. Choi|
The poster for UFC Fight Night: Stephens vs. Choi.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||January 14, 2018|
|City||St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.|
UFC Fight Night: Stephens vs. Choi (also known as UFC Fight Night 124) was a mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship held on January 14, 2018, at Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri.
A welterweight bout between Kamaru Usman and Emil Weber Meek was originally scheduled for UFC 219. However, due to an alleged visa issue for Meek which affected his travel schedule, the pairing was delayed and then rescheduled for UFC 220. However, on the next day, it was shifted to this event.
At the weigh-ins, Mads Burnell weighed in at 150 pounds, 4 pounds over the featherweight non-title fight upper limit of 146 pounds. As such, the bout proceeded at a catchweight and Burnell forfeited 20% of his purse to his opponent Mike Santiago. Meanwhile, Uriah Hall did not weigh in as he fainted en route to the weigh-ins and his fight against former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion and UFC 12 Heavyweight Tournament winner Vitor Belfort was canceled.
|Main Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Featherweight||Jeremy Stephens||def.||Doo Ho Choi||TKO (punches and elbows)||2||2:36|
|Women's Flyweight||Jessica-Rose Clark||def.||Paige VanZant||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Kamaru Usman||def.||Emil Weber Meek||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Featherweight||Darren Elkins||def.||Michael Johnson||Submission (rear-naked choke)||2||2:22|
|Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Lightweight||James Krause||def.||Alex White||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Polo Reyes||def.||Matt Frevola||KO (punch)||1||1:00|
|Women's Bantamweight||Irene Aldana||def.||Talita Bernardo||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Bantamweight||Kyung Ho Kang||def.||Guido Cannetti||Submission (triangle choke)||1||4:53|
|Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Women's Flyweight||Jessica Eye||def.||Kalindra Faria||Decision (split) (29–28, 28–29, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Women's Strawweight||JJ Aldrich||def.||Danielle Taylor||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Catchweight (150 lb)||Mads Burnell||def.||Mike Santiago||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Jeremy Stephens vs. Doo Ho Choi
- Performance of the Night: Darren Elkins and Polo Reyes
- Staff (2018-01-15). "UFC Fight Night 124 draws announced attendance of 10,052 for $812,995 live gate in St. Louis". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- Staff (2017-11-05). "UFC announces Q1 event schedule". ufc.com. Retrieved 2017-11-05.
- Staff (2017-11-05). "UFC coming to St. Louis on January 14, 2018". reallifestl.com. Retrieved 2017-11-05.
- Alexander K. Lee (2017-12-18). "Jeremy Stephens vs. Doo Ho Choi confirmed as UFC St. Louis main event". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2017-12-18.
- Ariel Helwani (2017-12-13). "Kamaru Usman vs. Emil Meek rescheduled for UFC 220". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2017-12-13.
- Staff (2017-12-14). "Kamaru Usman vs. Emil Meek rescheduled for UFC Fight Night 124 in St. Louis". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-12-14.
- Alexander K. Lee (2018-01-12). "Zak Cummings out of UFC St. Louis due to injury". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2018-01-13.
- Staff (2018-01-13). "UFC Fight Night 124 weigh-in results: Co-headliner called off, one fighter heavy". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-01-13.
- Nick Baldwin (2018-01-13). "Report: Uriah Hall fainted en route to UFC St. Louis weigh-ins". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2018-01-13.
- "UFC Fight Night: Stephens vs. Choi". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- Staff (2018-01-15). "UFC Fight Night 124 bonuses: Darren Elkins' latest crazy comeback worth extra $50,000". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-01-15.