UFC Fight Night: Teixeira vs. Saint Preux
|UFC Fight Night: Teixeira vs. Saint Preux|
The poster for UFC Fight Night: Teixeira vs. Saint Preux.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||August 8, 2015|
Matt Van Buren was briefly linked to a bout with promotional newcomer Jonathan Wilson at the event. However, Van Buren was removed from the card in early June citing injury and was replaced by Jared Cannonier. In turn, Cannonier was forced to pull out due to injury and was replaced by Chris Dempsey.
Ian McCall was expected to face Dustin Ortiz at this event. However, McCall was forced to pull out of the event due to injury and was replaced by Willie Gates. Gates had previously fought only 27 days before the event, when he defeated Darrell Montague at The Ultimate Fighter 21 Finale.
Ray Borg missed weight on his first attempt at the weigh-ins, coming in at 126.75 lbs. After having made no attempts to cut further, he was fined 20 percent of his fight purse, which went to his opponent Geane Herrera.
|Main Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Light Heavyweight||Glover Teixeira||def.||Ovince Saint Preux||Technical Submission (rear-naked choke)||3||3:10|
|Lightweight||Beneil Dariush||def.||Michael Johnson||Decision (split) (29–28, 28–29, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Derek Brunson||def.||Sam Alvey||TKO (punches)||1||2:19|
|Heavyweight||Jared Rosholt||def.||Timothy Johnson||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Women's Bantamweight||Amanda Nunes||def.||Sara McMann||Submission (rear-naked choke)||1||2:53|
|Catchweight (126.75 lbs)||Ray Borg||def.||Geane Herrera||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 2)|
|Middleweight||Uriah Hall||def.||Oluwale Bamgbose||TKO (punches)||1||2:32|
|Middleweight||Chris Camozzi||def.||Tom Watson||Decision (unanimous) (29–27, 30–26, 29–27)||3||5:00||[a]|
|Flyweight||Dustin Ortiz||def.||Willie Gates||TKO (elbows and punches)||3||2:58|
|Bantamweight||Frankie Saenz||def.||Sirwan Kakai||Decision (split) (28–29, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Light Heavyweight||Jonathan Wilson||def.||Chris Dempsey||KO (punches)||1||0:50|
|Bantamweight||Marlon Vera||def.||Roman Salazar||Submission (triangle armbar)||2||2:15|
|Lightweight||Scott Holtzman||def.||Anthony Christodoulou||Submission (rear-naked choke)||3||2:40|
- Watson was deducted one point in the second round for repeated groin strikes.
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Glover Teixeira vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Performance of the Night: Amanda Nunes and Marlon Vera
- Staff (2015-08-09). "UFC Fight Night 73 draws announced attendance of 7,539 for $454,551 gate". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-08-09.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2015-05-20). "Homecoming for OSP against Teixeira in August". ufc.com. Retrieved 2015-05-20.
- Staff (2015-06-04). "Jared Cannonier in for Van Buren vs. Jonathan Wilson at UFC Fight Night 74 in Nashville". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-06-04.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2015-07-22). "Dempsey Moves to 205 for Wilson Clash". UFC.com. Retrieved 2015-07-22.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2015-07-23). "Nashville Fight Updates". UFC.com. Retrieved 2015-07-23.
- Staff (2015-08-07). "UFC Fight Night 73 Weigh-In Results". themmareport.com. Retrieved 2015-08-07.
- "UFC Fight Night: Teixeira vs. Saint Preux". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2015-05-20.
- Mike Sloan (2015-08-08). "UFC Fight Night bonuses: Teixeira, St. Preux, Nunes, Vera pocket $50K in Nashville". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2015-08-08.