UFC Fight Night: Namajunas vs. VanZant
|UFC Fight Night: Namajunas vs. VanZant|
The poster for UFC Fight Night: Namajunas vs. VanZant.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||December 10, 2015|
|Venue||The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan|
|City||Las Vegas, Nevada|
The event was expected to be headlined by a women's strawweight bout between Paige VanZant and Joanne Calderwood. However on October 28, Calderwood was forced to pull out of the event and was replaced by Rose Namajunas.
The event was the first that the promotion has hosted at the venue and the first of three events in as many days in the Las Vegas Valley. It also marked the first North American card to air live exclusively on their subscription-based digital network, UFC Fight Pass.
|Main Card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Women's Strawweight||Rose Namajunas||def.||Paige VanZant||Submission (rear-naked choke)||5||2:25|
|Lightweight||Michael Chiesa||def.||Jim Miller||Submission (rear-naked choke)||2||2:57|
|Lightweight||Sage Northcutt||def.||Cody Pfister||Submission (guillotine choke)||2||0:41|
|Middleweight||Thiago Santos||def.||Elias Theodorou||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–27, 29–27)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Welterweight||Tim Means||def.||John Howard||KO (punch)||2||0:21|
|Welterweight||Sérgio Moraes||def.||Omari Akhmedov||TKO (punches)||3||2:18|
|Middleweight||Antônio Carlos Júnior||vs.||Kevin Casey||No Contest (accidental eye poke)||1||0:11||[a]|
|Bantamweight||Aljamain Sterling||def.||Johnny Eduardo||Submission (guillotine choke)||2||4:18|
|Welterweight||Santiago Ponzinibbio||def.||Andreas Ståhl||TKO (punches)||1||4:25|
|Welterweight||Danny Roberts||def.||Nathan Coy||Technical Submission (triangle choke)||1||2:46|
|Featherweight||Zubaira Tukhugov||def.||Phillipe Nover||Decision (split) (28–29, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Women's Strawweight||Kailin Curran||def.||Emily Kagan||Submission (rear-naked choke)||2||4:13|
- An accidental eye poke rendered Casey unable to continue; as the fight had not reached the third round, it was declared a No Contest.
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Jim Miller vs. Michael Chiesa
- Performance of the Night: Rose Namajunas and Tim Means
The following is the reported payout to the fighters as reported to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. It does not include sponsor money and also does not include the UFC's traditional "fight night" bonuses.
- Rose Namajunas: $54,000 (includes $27,000 win bonus) def. Paige VanZant: $40,000
- Michael Chiesa: $60,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus) def. Jim Miller: $56,000
- Sage Northcutt: $80,000 (includes $40,000 win bonus) def. Cody Pfister: $12,000
- Thiago Santos: $38,000 (includes $19,000 win bonus) def. Elias Theodorou: $20,000
- Tim Means: $54,000 (includes $27,000 win bonus) def. John Howard: $27,000
- Sérgio Moraes: $28,000 (includes $14,000 win bonus) def. Omari Akhmedov: $14,000
- Kevin Casey: $28,000 (includes $14,000 win bonus) vs. Antônio Carlos Júnior: $19,000 ^
- Aljamain Sterling: $28,000 (includes $14,000 win bonus) def. Johnny Eduardo: $14,000
- Santiago Ponzinibbio: $26,000 (includes $13,000 win bonus) def. Andreas Ståhl: $10,000
- Danny Roberts: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Nathan Coy: $10,000
- Zubaira Tukhugov: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Phillipe Nover: $14,000
- Kailin Curran: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Emily Kagan: $10,000
^ Both fighters earned show money (Casey awarded win Bonus); bout declared No Contest.
- Staff (2015-12-11). "UFC Fight Night 80 draws reported 1,643 attendance for $234,725 gate in Las Vegas". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-12-11.
- Staff (2015-09-04). "Three cards in three days in Las Vegas: UFC Fight Night 80 set for Dec. 10". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-09-04.
- Thomas Gerbasi" (2015-09-17). "VanZant vs. Calderwood on UFC Fight Pass". UFC.com. Retrieved 2015-09-17.
- Staff (2015-10-28). "Rose Namajunas replaces Joanne Calderwood, meets Paige VanZant at UFC Fight Night 80". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- Staff (2015-10-19). "Sheldon Westcott vs. Edgar Garcia moves to UFC 195 in January". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-10-19.
- MMAFighting Newswire (2015-10-28). "Lyman Good out, Sergio Moraes in against Omari Akhmedov at UFC Fight Night 80". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- Staff (2015-11-30). "Nathan Coy in against Danny Roberts at UFC Fight Night 80". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- "UFC Fight Night Las Vegas". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2015-08-21.
- Staff (2015-12-11). "UFC Fight Night 80 bonuses: Namajunas earns $50,000 for domination of VanZant". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-12-11.
- Staff (2015-12-14). "UFC Fight Night 80 salaries: Northcutt ($80K), Chiesa ($60K), Namajunas ($54K)". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-12-14.