UFC on Fuel TV: Struve vs. Miocic
|UFC on Fuel TV: Struve vs. Miocic|
A poster or logo for UFC on Fuel TV: Struve vs. Miocic.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||September 29, 2012|
|Venue||Capital FM Arena|
|City||Nottingham, United Kingdom|
UFC on Fuel TV: Struve vs. Miocic (also known as UFC on Fuel TV 5) was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on September 29, 2012 at Capital FM Arena in Nottingham, United Kingdom.
Jörgen Kruth was expected to make his UFC debut against Fabio Maldonado at this event. However, Kruth dropped out of the fight to retire from mixed martial arts. As a result, Maldonado was pulled from the event and faced Glover Teixeira at UFC 153.
Pascal Krauss was expected to face promotional newcomer Gunnar Nelson at the event. However, Krauss was forced out of the bout with an injury and Nelson was briefly linked to fight with Rich Attonito in a catchweight bout to be contested at 175 lbs. However, Attonito had reservations about taking the short notice bout due to the weight cut requirements. DaMarques Johnson was slated to take on Nelson at catch weight 175 lbs, but DaMarques missed the weight by 8 lbs. while Gunnar weighted at 175 lbs. Gunnar agreed to fight DaMarques nevertheless.
|Main Card (Fuel TV)|
|Heavyweight||Stefan Struve||def.||Stipe Miocic||TKO (punches)||2||3:50|
|Welterweight||Dan Hardy||def.||Amir Sadollah||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Bantamweight||Brad Pickett||def.||Yves Jabouin||KO (punch)||1||3:40|
|Lightweight||Matt Wiman||def.||Paul Sass||Submission (armbar)||1||3:48|
|Welterweight||John Hathaway||def.||John Maguire||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Che Mills||def.||Duane Ludwig||TKO (knee injury)||1||2:28|
|Preliminary Card (Facebook)|
|Light Heavyweight||Jimi Manuwa||def.||Kyle Kingsbury||TKO (doctor stoppage)||2||5:00|
|Featherweight||Akira Corassani||def.||Andy Ogle||Decision (split) (29–28, 27–30, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Brad Tavares||def.||Tom Watson||Decision (split) (30–27, 28–29, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Catchweight (183 lbs.)||Gunnar Nelson||def.||DaMarques Johnson||Submission (rear-naked choke)||1||3:34|
|Featherweight||Robbie Peralta||def.||Jason Young||KO (punches)||1||0:18||[a]|
- This bout aired on the Fuel TV broadcast after Pickett vs. Jabouin fight.
Fighters were awarded $40,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Stefan Struve vs. Stipe Miocic
- Knockout of the Night: Brad Pickett
- Submission of the Night: Matt Wiman
- Staff (2012-09-29). "UFC on FUEL TV 5 draws a reported 7,241 attendance for $970K live gate". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2012-09-29.
- Staff (2012-06-11). "Nottingham event to air on FUEL TV on Sept. 29, likely as UFC on FUEL TV 5". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- Morgan, John (2012-09-07). "USA TODAY: Anderson Silva vs. Stephan Bonnar headlines UFC 153". USA TODAY. MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- Staff (2012-09-17). "Replacement Rich Attonito meets Gunnar Nelson at UFC on FUEL TV 5". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- Staff (2012-09-18). "Debuting Gunnar Nelson Now Draws DaMarques Johnson at UFC on Fuel TV 5". MMAWeekly.com. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- Staff (2012-09-28). "UFC on FUEL TV 5 weigh-in results: Miocic (239) and Struve (251) on weight (updated)". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- "UFC on Fuel TV 5 Results: ‘Struve vs. Miocic’ Play-by-Play & Updates". Sherdog.com. 2012-09-29. Retrieved 2012-09-30.
- Staff (2012-09-29). "UFC on FUEL TV 5 bonuses: Pickett, Wiman, Struve, Miocic earn $40K awards". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2012-09-29.