UFO Phil holds a flying saucer prop in this undated publicity photo taken in Hollywood, CA
|Created by||Phil Hill|
|Portrayed by||Phil Hill|
|Occupation||Singer, performance artist, abductee|
|Religion||Ufology, Book of Zaxon|
|Born||June 10, 1971|
|Labels||Catapult Music, Mindscape Music|
|Associated acts||George Noory, Tom Green, Dr Demento|
Phil Hill (born June 10, 1971) better known as UFO Phil, is a performer, public speaker, "cult legend" and "Don Quixote of the E.T. set" who has made a name for himself through appearances on national radio programs, television, films, and internet videos speaking on the subject of extraterrestrials and the paranormal. Whether Phil Hill is an actual believer in the paranormal or is engaging in a kind of performance art is the subject of some debate. Although he is sometimes described as a comedic performer, Hill has stated publicly that he knows "nothing of comedy". In this regard, UFO Phil may be an example of Poe's law and has been compared to Andy Kaufman's persona Tony Clifton.
Phil is a native of Roswell, New Mexico currently residing in Hollywood. According to Phil, he was first abducted in 1972 by aliens who implanted him with a microchip, granting him a "heightened musical talent". Subsequently, Phil writes and performs novelty songs about extraterrestrials and science fiction.
In 2010, Phil claimed to be working on a way to "harness free electricity from the air" and distribute it to the people of the world. This was possible, according to Phil, because of a reactor blueprint given to him by the "Good Aliens". Phil said he planned to construct his power plant at his new home on top of Pikes Peak. In January, 2011, Phil announced plans to construct a full-sized limestone pyramid, modelled after the Great Pyramid of Giza, at Alcatraz Island, as well as other pyramids atop Pikes Peak in Colorado and behind the Hollywood Sign.
During the planning stages for what he dubbed the "Pikes Peak Pyramid Proposal", Phil attempted to recruit 60 volunteers to haul 2.3 million limestone blocks weighing about 6 million tons and 8,000 tons of granite to the top of the mountain. In February 2011, the Metro Crypto Science Society at Metropolitan State University of Denver spoke out publicly against Phil's Pikes Peak pyramid construction plans, stating: "It’s a mountain and shouldn’t be tampered with." The mayor of Colorado Springs, United States Forest Service, and officials at NORAD similarly expressed disinterest in his plan. Phil maintained that he didn't actually need government permission to build his pyramids "since I’m not building for profit or assembling more than 75 people".
Denver, Colorado mayoral candidate and UFO disclosure activist Jeff Peckman said Hill's pyramid idea should not be discounted and he "would be willing to talk to him about it at some point". In March, 2011, Peckman was referring to UFO Phil's Pikes Peak Pyramid Proposal when he told the Denver Post “It’s always useful for people to look at all of these things in an unbounded way", adding, "Denver could be a good candidate for a space port".
In 2011, Phil announced plans for a "Concert for the Aliens" at the Monterey County Fairgrounds in Monterey, California to welcome the arrival of extraterrestrials, explaining that blue aliens from the Planet Zaxon would arrive on Earth to correspond with the end of the Mayan Calendar.
In 2012, Phil claimed aliens from Planet Zaxon were appointing him "President of Earth." Hill said, once he was appointed President, “The Statue of Liberty has to come down". He planned to replace the monument with a statue of an alien leader named Zaxon who "has very nice skin and will look phenomenal as a statue".
In 2014, Hill claimed to be a victim of identity theft and fraudulent impersonations. To combat identity theft, he said he was working with the United States government on a plan to implant identifying microchips into the brains of every person on Earth.
UFO Phil also says he's working on a prime time network television show where he will seek to confirm or debunk abductions using science, common sense and electro-magnetic tools from his basement. The "real purpose" of the show, according to Hill, is to give a voice to the extraterrestrials when they arrive on Earth, and to aid them in disseminating their propaganda.
UFO Phil's music has been played on the Dr. Demento Show. He's made a studio appearance on Coast to Coast AM to perform one of his songs and created the program's Friday end theme, "Listening to Coast to Coast" He has also appeared with Tom Green.
UFO Phil: The Movie
- "Film Screening - UFO Phil: The Movie". Sacramento Bee. January 23, 2009. Archived from the original on March 25, 2014. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- "UFO Phil Wants to Put a Pyramid on Pikes Peak". AOL News. Archived from the original on March 14, 2014. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- Webster, Dan (March 13, 2009). "UFO Phil sighting at Magic Lantern". The Spokesman-Review. Retrieved 22 July 2013.
- Jaclyn Allen, 7NEWS Reporter (February 2, 2011). "KMGH TV states UFO Phil was born in Roswell, NM". Thedenverchannel.com. Retrieved January 12, 2012.
- Thomas, Michael. "Be Still, Ufo Phil.". Offtoseetheelephant.com. Archived from the original on November 20, 2013. Retrieved July 22, 2013.
- "Spotlight on UFO Phil". Coasttocoastam.com. October 12, 2010. Retrieved June 11, 2013.
- "UFO Phil's music, including the album Gravity Brings me Down". Itunes.apple.com. Retrieved January 12, 2012.
- "UFO Phil's Plans for Pikes Peak". 5280 The Denver Magazine. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- "Story on UFO Phil's energy experiments at Wireless Flash News". Flashnews.com. Retrieved January 12, 2012.
- Lohr, David (October 7, 2011). "Story at the Huffington Post regarding UFO Phil's Great Pyramid of Alcatraz". Huffington Post. Retrieved January 12, 2012.
- The Denver Post. "Story from the Denver Post on UFO Phil's Pikes Peak Pyramid Proposal". Denver Post. Retrieved January 12, 2012.
- "Story at MetNews on MSU's Metro Crypto Science Society and their response to UFO Phil". MetNews. Retrieved March 23, 2014.
- "UFO Phil on his plan to build a giant pyramid on Pikes Peak". WestWord. Retrieved March 23, 2014.
- "UFO Phil aims for the stars". Colorado Springs Independent. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- "UFO Refueling Station On Pikes Peak". KRDO TV. Archived from the original on July 18, 2011. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- "Peek: Pyramid scheme Rocky Mountain-style". Houston Memorial Examiner. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- "Designer of ‘UFO gas station’ wants to meet with Denver mayoral candidate". Denver Post. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- "Pikes Peak's 'UFO Phil' asks for meeting with Denver mayoral candidate". Colorado Springs Gazette. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- "Lunchtime Links: Man aims to build UFO gas station on Pikes Peak". Syracuse Post-Standard. Retrieved March 25, 2014.
- Lohr, David (June 26, 2011). "Story on UFO Phil and his Concert for the Aliens at the Huffington Post". Huffington Post. Retrieved January 12, 2012.
- Lohr, David (February 21, 2012). "Story on UFO Phil and his presidential aspirations at the Huffington Post". Huffington Post. Retrieved February 21, 2012.
- "UFO PHIL TO BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT?". Weekly World News. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- "MANDATORY MICROCHIP IMPLANTS TO BE PLACED IN SCALPS". BuzzFeed.com. March 17, 2014. Retrieved March 23, 2014.
- Lohr, David (May 14, 2012). "UFO Phil Planning Network Show For Real Aliens". Huffington Post. Retrieved March 23, 2014.
- "Documented appearances on the Doctor Demento Show at dmdb.org, the official Doctor Demento database". Dmdb.org. Retrieved January 12, 2012.
- "UFO Phil's live in-studio appearance on Coast to Coast AM". Coasttocoastam.com. September 14, 2007. Retrieved January 12, 2012.
- "UFO Phil on a Road Trip with comedian Tom Green". Larryransom.com. June 10, 2008. Retrieved January 12, 2012.
- "Film Screening - UFO Phil: The Movie". Sacgeeks.com. January 23, 2009. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- "Red is the color of the bad aliens". Sacramento News & Review. January 22, 2009. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- "Dream come true". South Jersey Times. June 11, 2009. Retrieved March 24, 2014.