The UFO Watchtower is an observation platform, campground, and gift shop north of Hooper, Colorado. The watchtower, which has a 360-degree view of the San Luis Valley, was created by Judy Messoline in May 2000 to capitalize on the existing use of the property by UFO observers.
There have been TV documentaries done on the UFO sightings in the area and several books have been written on the subject. See also San Luis Valley and List of UFO sightings regarding UFO sightings and the San Luis Valley. Since its inception it has received widespread United States and international media coverage.
- UFO Watchtower
- Associated Press, "Colo Woman builds UFO watchtower and camp," 6 August 2003.
- David Kelly, "Things are looking up at UFO watch tower," Los Angeles Times, 8 August 2004.
- Charles Laurence, "Cattle farmer diversifies and finds that her profits are out of this world," London Telegraph 5 September 2004.
- Charles Laurence, "UFOs better cash cow than farming," Melbourne Age, 6 September 2004.
- Article: COUNTDOWN for August 10, 2004, MSNBC - Part 1. | AccessMyLibrary - Promoting library advocacy
- NewsLibrary.com - newspaper archive, clipping service - newspapers and other news sources
- Colorado Woman Turns Ranch Into Moneymaker With Ufo Watchtower
- Archives : The Rocky Mountain News
- The Daily Courier - Google News Archive Search
- 'UFO watchtower' draws visitors