UFO sightings in Australia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- On January 19, 1966, a farmer from Tully, Queensland reported seeing a large saucer shaped object, as well as a so called "nest" of reeds in the swamp where the UFO was spotted.
- At around 10:30 a.m on 6 April 1966, many students and some staff at Westall High School (now called Westall Secondary College), in Rosebank Avenue, Clayton South, Victoria witnessed a UFO fly over their school, and then descend into a paddock behind the school.
- The Valentich Disappearance occurred on 21 October 1978, when 20-year-old Frederick Valentich disappeared while piloting a small Cessna 182 aircraft over Bass Strait to King Island (Tasmania). Described as a "flying saucer enthusiast", twenty-year-old Valentich informed Melbourne air traffic control he was being accompanied by an unknown aircraft.
- On 21 January 1988 a family reported coming into contact with a UFO while travelling across the [Nullarbor Plain] in South Australia. The family described the object as a "big glowing ball".
- On 8 August 1993, Melbourne woman Kelly Cahill reported seeing a large craft hovering hovering over the road as she and her husband drove through the Dandenong Ranges near Belgrave, Victoria.
- B. J. Booth (1966-01-19). "The Tully Saucer Nest, UFO Casebook Files". Ufocasebook.com. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- "The Nullarbor Plain Case". UFOs: The Military Unmasked. Archived from the original on 2012-09-07. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- "Close encounters: Shedding light on South Australia's X-Files". ABC News. 23 February 2018. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- Good, Timothy (2000). Unearthly Disclosure. Random House. pp. 51ff. ISBN 9781446456965.
- Chalker, Bill (2005). Hair of the Alien: DNA and Other Forensic Evidence of Alien Abductions. Simon and Schuster. pp. 49–67. ISBN 1416510249.
- Miletic, Daniella (1 February 2016). "The Oz Files: Who is Victorian 'abductee' Kelly Cahill and what did she see in Narre Warren?". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 22 July 2018.