UFO sightings in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Pre-historic rock paintings found at Charama, Kanker district, Chhattisgarh State depict human figures wearing suits similar to modern day space suits and drawings similar to flying saucers with fan like antenna and three legs.
- On 15 March, 10:20 a.m., in New Delhi 25 members of a flying club saw a cigar-shaped object in the sky which was about one hundred feet long. The UFO hovered and then vanished from sight.
- On 15 September a flying saucer was seen in the afternoon by about 800 people in three villages (Kadori, Borsa and Mangalda) in Manbhum district of Bihar. Mr Ijapada Chatterjee, manager of a mica mine, told The Times of India that the UFO was about 12 feet in diameter and grey in colour. The object descended to an altitude of about 500 feet, hovered for a few minutes and then soared upwards at an incredible speed, causing a tremendous blow of wind.
- October 29 Early morning Eastern Kolkata, a fast moving object was spotted at 30° in the eastern horizon between 3:30 and 6:30 am and personally filmed using a handycam. Its shape shifted from a sphere to a triangle and then to a straight line. The object emitted a bright light forming a halo and radiated a range of colours. It was spotted by many people and hundreds gathered along the E.M. Bypass to catch a glimpse of the UFO, triggering a frenzy. The video footage was released on a TV News channel and later shown to Dr. D P Duari, the director of MP Birla Planetarium, Kolkata, who found it to be "extremely interesting and strange, There was a lot of discussion on the validity of this issue,and the presence of such Ufo was denied by a Kolkata resident Mr. Rabindra Goenka, a weather scientist , which at last approved by Dr D P Duari,to be the planet Venus".
- Residents of Mogappiar, Chennai observed five specks of bright orange light moving from south to north around 8.55 pm on Thursday, 20 June 2013 and reported in newspaper on 23 June 2013 and the witness included on officer in Bank.
- On 4 August, 2013, soldiers of Indian Army have observed unidentified flying objects at Lagan Kher Area, Demchock, Ladakh, India and it is reported that army troops have observed more than 100 UFO movements along Arunachal Pradesh border area during previous seven months.
- A series of pictures of the sunset over the Rajajipuram area of Lucknow on 23 July 2014 were claimed to show a UFO.
- A commercial pilot reportedly informed Mumbai Air Traffic Control room that she spotted a green and white UFO near Pune during first week of October, 2014 at an height of about 26,300 feet.
- A photograph published by the news media was claimed to show a "nail shaped" UFO over Kochi, Southern part of India on 29 October 2014.
- A schoolboy claimed to have captured photographs of a UFO from his house rooftop in Shyam Nagar, suburb of Kanpur, on 25 June 2015, though the photos were most likely created with a photo editing smartphone app.
- Drolia, Rashmi (15 July 2014). "10,000-year-old rock paintings depicting aliens and UFOs found in Chhattisgarh". Times of India. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Top Shelf Witnesses, kolkata , India".
- "UFO Report 1954".
- "UFO puzzle has city in a tizzy"
- "Did a UFO come over Kolkata?"
- "Kolkata in a tizzy over UFO sighting"
- "‘UFO’ sighted in Chennai?". The Hindu. 23 June 2013. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Army troops sight UFO in Ladakh again". The Hindu. 19 August 2014. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Is that a UFO flying over Lucknow?". India Today. 24 July 2014. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- Avasthi, Yogesh (4 October 2014). "It's a UFO!". Pune Mirror. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Is this an UFO in the sky above Kochi?". India Today. 30 October 2014. Retrieved 7 December 2014.