From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
UID may refer to:
- Unique identifier and instances or systems thereof
- PubMed 'Unique Identifier' parameter (PMID) designating specific scientific publication abstracts (PubMed § PubMed identifier)
- 'Unique Item Identifier', a specific value in the IUID (Item Unique Identification) system used by the United States Department of Defense for the identification of accountable equipment according to DoD Instruction 5000.64
- Aadhaar number, originally the Unique Identification Number, an initiative of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) of the Indian government to create a unique ID for every Indian resident
- UID, acronym for the VAT identification number in the German language (VAT = value-added tax)
- uID Center, a nonprofit organization in Tokyo, Japan, responsible for the Ucode system for uniquely identifying real-world objects electronically
- Ulster Institute for the Deaf
- Umeå Institute of Design
- Unitedworld Institute of Design, college in India
- Universal Instructional Design, an educational method that tries to deliver teaching to meet the needs of wide variety of learners.
- Unintelligent Design, a satirical reaction to the Intelligent Design movement
- Unidentified decedent, a deceased person whose body has not yet been identified
- A unique identifier
- Unique identifier for a specific user of a computer system
- Unique ID for the Mifare series of chips (integrated circuits) used in contactless smart cards and proximity cards.
- Unique ID of a message in a folder on an IMAP server
- See also Globally unique identifier (GUID)
- See also Universally unique identifier (UUID)
- User identifier (Unix), a code identifying each user on a Unix and Unix-like systems
- User interface design, device design with the focus on the user's experience and interaction
- 'Unit IDentification light', a light found on all HP/Compaq DL servers that allows users to distinguish which server they are working on in a server rack
- Unit Identification, an LED used as a means of locating a specific computer server in a server room
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title UID.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.