UI data binding
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
UI data binding is a software design pattern to simplify development of GUI applications. UI data binding binds UI elements to an application domain model. Most frameworks employ the Observer pattern as the underlying binding mechanism. To work efficiently, UI data binding has to address input validation and data type mapping.
A bound control is a widget whose value is tied or bound to a field in a recordset (e.g., a column in a row of a table). Changes made to data within the control are automatically saved to the database when the control's exit event triggers.
Data binding frameworks and tools
- DSharp 3rd party Data Binding tool
- OpenWire Visual Live Binding - 3rd party Visual Data Binding tool
- Windows Forms data binding overview
- WPF data binding overview
- Unity 3D data binding framework (available in modifications for NGUI, iGUI and EZGUI libraries)
- Meteor, via its Blaze live update engine
- "Datum.js". Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "Meteor Blaze".
Meteor Blaze is a powerful library for creating live-updating user interfaces. Blaze fulfills the same purpose as Angular, Backbone, Ember, React, Polymer, or Knockout, but is much easier to use. We built it because we thought that other libraries made user interface programming unnecessarily difficult and confusing.
|This computer-programming-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This database-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|