|Product type||Electronic music|
|Tagline||The home of bass music|
UKF is a record label founded by Luke Hood and AEI Group that focuses on promoting electronic music. UKF Music was created by Luke Hood, who began sharing bass music through his original two YouTube Channels, UKF Drum & Bass and UKF Dubstep, in 2009. The UKF brand now has five YouTube Channels: UKF Music, UKF Dubstep, UKF Drum & Bass, UKF Mixes, and UKF Live. UKF has expanded beyond its YouTube Channels to creating compilation series and podcasts, organizing events, offering merchandise as well as its own ticketing platform.
Luke Hood created UKF on YouTube to share music with friends while studying at Frome Community College in 2009. As his subscriber base began to grow, he started to focus on the music channels and expanding the UKF brand. The brand has since sold half of its ownership to AEI Media and plans to take advantage of YouTube's live streaming function to broadcast their events that now occur throughout Europe and North America. As of December 2012, Luke Hood is still the managing director at UKF.
Luke Hood and UKF have been featured in several music magazines as well as entrepreneurial news platforms. In January 2012 Your Hidden Potential, a UK-based platform for aspiring entrepreneurs, named Luke Hood one of the top 20 young entrepreneurs to watch, stating that "there is lots of scope to grow and he already has the subscribers". At the 2012 Red Bull Elektropedia Awards in Belgium, UKF took home the award for 'Best Really Big Party', and an award for Visual Iconography for both of their sell out shows in Belgium.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|UKF Dubstep 2010||
|UKF Drum & Bass 2010||
|UKF Bass Culture||15|
|UKF Bass Culture 2||18|
|UKF Dubstep 2011||
|UKF Drum & Bass 2011||
|UKF Dubstep 2012||4|
|UKF Drum & Bass 2012||—|
|UKF Drum & Bass 2013||
|UKF Dubstep 2013||
|UKF Bass Culture 3||—|
|UKF Drum & Bass 2014||—|
|UKF Dubstep 2014||15|
|UKF Dubstep 2015||21|
|UKF Drum & Bass 2015||—|
|UKF Dubstep 2016||5|
|UKF Drum & Bass 2016||—|
|UKF Dubstep 2017||—|
|UKF Drum & Bass 2017||—|
|UKF Bass Culture 4||—|
- "Interview with UKF founder Luke Hood." So So Active.Web. http://www.sosoactive.com/interview-luke-hood-ukf-dubstep/
- Hick, Melanie. "Luke Hood, The 19 Year Old From UKF Dubstep Tops YouTube Charts." Huffington Post.Web. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2011/12/14/luke-hood-ukf-youtube-dubstep_n_1148370.html
- Hood, Luke. "Facebook: Luke Hood." Facebook. 2012.Web. https://www.facebook.com/luke.hood>.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 3 December 2012. Retrieved 5 December 2012. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Jenkins, Dave. "Red Bull Elektropedia: UKF award success." AEI Media. 11 November 2012 2012.Web. 9/25/2012 http://aeimedia.co.uk/2012/11/red-bull-elektropedia-ukf-award-success/
- "Various Artists Chart History". Billboard. Retrieved 12 November 2017.