|Product type||Electronic music|
|Tagline||The home of new Electronic music|
UKF is a brand owned by Luke Hood and AEI Media that focuses on sharing all aspects of electronic music. UKF Music was created by Luke Hood, who began sharing bass music through his original two YouTube Channels, UKF Drum & Bass and UKF Dubstep in 2009. On 28 June 2012, UKF celebrated one billion YouTube views since its creation. The UKF brand now has five YouTube Channels: UKF Music, UKF Dubstep, UKF Drum & Bass, UKF Mixes, and UKF Live. UKF has expanded beyond its YouTube Channels to creating compilation series and podcasts, organizing events, offering merchandise as well as its own ticketing platform.
Luke Hood created UKF on YouTube to share music with friends while studying at Frome Community College in 2009. As his subscriber base began to grow, he started to focus on the music channels and expanding the UKF brand. UKF never paid for advertising, relying on its subscribers to share the music through various social media sites. The brand has since sold half of its ownership to AEI Media and plans to take advantage of YouTube's live streaming function to broadcast their events that now occur throughout Europe and North America. As of December 2012, Luke Hood is still the managing director at UKF.
Luke Hood and UKF have been featured in several music magazines as well as entrepreneurial news platforms. In January 2012 Your Hidden Potential, a UK-based platform for aspiring entrepreneurs, named Luke Hood one of the top 20 young entrepreneurs to watch, stating that "there is lots of scope to grow and he already has the subscribers". At the 2012 Red Bull Elektropedia Awards in Belgium, UKF took home the award for 'Best Really Big Party', and an award for Visual Iconography for both of their sell out shows in Belgium.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|UKF Dubstep 2010||
|UKF Drum & Bass 2010||
|UKF Bass Culture||15|
|UKF Bass Culture 2||18|
|UKF Dubstep 2011||
|UKF Drum & Bass 2011||
|UKF Dubstep 2012||4|
|UKF Drum & Bass 2012||—|
|UKF Drum & Bass 2013||
|UKF Dubstep 2013||
|UKF Bass Culture 3||—|
|UKF Drum & Bass 2014||—|
|UKF Dubstep 2014||15|
|UKF Dubstep 2015||21|
|UKF Drum & Bass 2015||—|
|UKF Dubstep 2016||5|
|UKF Drum & Bass 2016||—|
- "UKF hits 1 billion YouTube views - Generation Bass Insights." So So Active. 2012.Web. <http://www.sosoactive.com/ukf-hits-1billion-youtube-views-generation-bass-insights/>.
- "Interview with UKF founder Luke Hood." So So Active.Web. <http://www.sosoactive.com/interview-luke-hood-ukf-dubstep/>.
- Hick, Melanie. "Luke Hood, The 19 Year Old From UKF Dubstep Tops YouTube Charts." Huffington Post.Web. <http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2011/12/14/luke-hood-ukf-youtube-dubstep_n_1148370.html>.
- Hood, Luke. "Facebook: Luke Hood." Facebook. 2012.Web. <https://www.facebook.com/luke.hood>.
- Chowdhury, Rishi. "Top 20 Young Entrepreneurs to watch in 2012." Your Hidden Potential. 30 January 2012 2012.Web. 20 November 2012 <http://yourhiddenpotential.co.uk/2012/01/30/top-20-young-entrepreneurs-to-watch-in-2012/>.
- Jenkins, Dave. "Red Bull Elektropedia: UKF award success." AEI Media. 11 November 2012 2012.Web. 9/25/2012 <http://aeimedia.co.uk/2012/11/red-bull-elektropedia-ukf-award-success/>.
- "Various Artists Chart History". Billboard. Retrieved 2017-11-12.