|University||University of Missouri–Kansas City|
|Conference||Western Athletic Conference|
|Athletic director||Carla Wilson|
|Location||Kansas City, Missouri|
|Basketball arena||Municipal Auditorium
Swinney Recreation Center
|Soccer stadium||Durwood Soccer Stadium|
|Other arenas||Plaza Tennis Center|
|Colors||Blue and Gold
The UMKC Kangaroos, sometimes called the Kansas City Kangaroos,[n 1] are the 16 intercollegiate teams representing the University of Missouri–Kansas City that compete in the National Collegiate Athletic Association's Division I. UMKC currently competes in the Western Athletic Conference after leaving The Summit League in July 2013.
Men's Intercollegiate Sports
Women's Intercollegiate Sports
- Although the school consistently brands itself for athletic purposes as "UMKC", its current conference, the WAC, uses "Missouri-Kansas City". UMKC's previous conference, The Summit League, used "Kansas City".
- Missouri 3&2
- "Plaza Tennis Center - UMKC Athletics". Umkckangaroos.com. Retrieved 2015-08-27.
- UMKC Standards Manual (PDF). Retrieved 2016-04-17.
- "UMKC Heading to the Western Athletic Conference - UMKC Athletics". Umkckangaroos.com. Retrieved 2015-08-27.
- "Evolution of the kangaroo". Retrieved 2011-12-29.