This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Number of employees
Founded by Nadia Khamlichi, Jeremy Burdek and Adrian Politowski,Umedia is a vertically integrated, international film group with 160 staff based in London, Brussels, Paris, Vancouver and Los Angeles. The company is one of Europe’s leading production groups, combining the activities of development, production, financing, visual effects and finishing. Since its inception in 2004, Umedia has invested more than $500 million via its tax shelter, equity and development funds, and has been involved in 320 films including GRACE OF MONACO, JOHN WICK, YVES SAINT LAURENT and multi-Academy Award-winning THE ARTIST.
Umedia’s recent growth strategy has included the acquisition of TV production company Be-FILMS and independent production company Nexus Factory, as well as a first-look development deal with the award winning prolific producers Egoli Tossell.
Activity and organisation of the Umedia group
Nadia Khamlichi, Adrian Politowski and Jeremy Burdek created Motion Investment Group (renamed uFund in 2010) in 2004. After 109 million euros were raised via the Tax Shelter in Belgium and 78 films cofinanced up till 2009, they decided to expand their cinematographic activities and founded Umedia in 2010.
Umedia is the parent company of the following businesses: fundraising (uFund), production, development, VFX and finishing.
Formerly called Motion Investment Group, uFund, the financing arm of Umedia, is responsible for fundraising via the mechanism of the Tax Shelter. Raising over 50 million euros a year, uFund finances between 30 and 40 projects every year and is one of the main sources of audiovisual financing in Belgium in 2017.
Production & Financing
Umedia Production & financing is involved in:
- co-production and investment of Tax Shelter funds in a selection of films
- line production in Belgium of international films
- development of original projects in various genres (thrillers, dramas, comedy, etc.).
Founded in 2010, the Umedia VFX studio now operates in 3 different cities: Paris, Brussels, and Vancouver. Specialized in visual effects, we offer complete services from budgeting, previz, design, to set supervision and 2D & 3D effects.
Based in Vancouver, Finishing is the latest addition to the group.
Some awards and nominations for Umedia films
- L'Amant Double – Official selection at the 2017 Cannes Film Festival
- Ôtez-moi d'un doute – Official selection at the 2017 Cannes Directors' Fortnight
- After the war - Official selection at the 2017 Un certain regard official selection of Cannes Film Festival
- Frantz – 11 nominations at the 2017 César award and won the award of the best cinematography
- La Famille Belier – 6 nominations and the most promising actress award for Louane Emera at the 2015 César award
- Yves Saint Laurent – 6 nominations and best actor award for Pierre Niney at the 2015 César award
- Les Garçons et Guillaume, à table ! – won the SACD Prize and the Art Cinema Award at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival ( Director's Fortnight selection), won the César for Best Film, Best First Feature Film, Best Actor, Best Adaptation and Best Editing in 2014
- Grace of Monaco – Opening film for the 67th Cannes Film Festival in 2014, out of competition
- The Artist – Best Actor award for Jean Dujardin at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival and won Oscars for Best Picture, Best Director: Michel Hazanavicius, Best Actor: Jean Dujardin, Best Original Score: Ludovic Bource and Best Costume Design: Mark Bridges
- Hors-la-loi – Official selection at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival and Oscar nomination in 2011 for Best Foreign Film
- The Last Circus – Silver Lion and prize for best scenario at the 2010 Venice Film Festival
- The Vintner’s Luck – Nominated at the 2009 Toronto International Film Festival
- Vinyan – Official selection at the 2008 Venice and Toronto Film Festivals
- Julia – Official selection at the 2008 Berlin Film Festival
- Khadak - Lion du Futur at the 2006 Venice Film Festival, Swarovski Cultural Innovation Award at the 2006 Toronto Film Festival, nominated for the Jury prize at the 2007 Sundance Film Festival
- uFund figures (ex-Motion Investment Group).
- Tax Shelter document by Belgian Ministry of Finance
- "César Award". Wikipedia. 2017-04-27.
- Cannes Film Festival
- Academy Awards
- Venice Film Festival
- Toronto International Film Festival
- Sundance Film Festival
- Official site of Umedia
- Umedia's IMDb account
- Umedia on Facebook
- Umedia on Twitter
- Umedia on LinkedIn
- Nicolas Cage To Star In Action Thriller ‘Mandy’ From SpectreVision, XYZ Films & Umedia
- Berlin: Umedia Signs First-Look Deal With Egoli Tossell Pictures
- Cannes: Umedia CEO Adrian Politowski on Nicole Kidman's 'Grace of Monaco' (Q&A)
- Umedia launches Vancouver VFX house
- Umedia To Finance ‘I Kill Giants’ Starring Zoe Saldana – Cannes
- Skip Woods Tapped To Pen ‘Universal War One’
- Umedia on Internet Movie Database
- uFilm on Internet Movie Database