UNACO (an initialism for the United Nations Anti-Crime Organization) is a fictional agency within the United Nations created by author Alistair MacLean in a series of movie outlines he developed before his death. These outlines were made into full-length novels by numerous authors, most notably Alastair MacNeill. UNACO uses groups of people to form "strike forces". Each strike force has a leader who communicates with UNACO's top commanders. UNACO also works with other agencies around the world.
...in September 1979 the Secretary-General of the United Nations chaired a meeting attended by 46 envoys representing virtually every country in the world.... The objective of UNACO was to "avert, neutralize, and/or apprehend individuals or groups engaged in international criminal activities." ...UNACO's clandestine existence began on March 1, 1980.
- Malcolm Philpott - founder and head of UNACO, a former professor at a New England university. 
- Mike Graham - a former Delta Force officer and CIA operative, Graham's pregnant wife was killed by a terrorist.
- Clarence Wilkins Whitlock - C.W. is an African-American cat burglar, dubbed the "Black Spiderman". 
- Sabrina Carver - a high class jewel thief, Sabrina like C.W. was personally recruited by Philpott. 
List of works
|1980||Hostage Tower||by John Denis|
|1981||Air Force One is Down||by John Denis|
|1989||Death Train||by Alastair MacNeill|
|1989||Night Watch||by Alastair MacNeill|
|1990||Red Alert||by Alastair MacNeill|
|1991||Time of the Assassins||by Alastair MacNeill|
|1992||Dead Halt||by Alastair MacNeill|
|1993||Code Breaker||by Alastair MacNeill|
|1997||Prime Target||by Hugh Miller|
|1998||Borrowed Time||by Hugh Miller|
- MacNeill, Alastair (1995). Dead Halt. HarperPaperbacks. pp. Prologue. ISBN 0-06-100825-7.
Formation excerpted from the Prologue of all the UNACO novels.
|This article about a fictional object, organization, species, or technology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|