UNCP School of Business
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The UNCP School of Business is located within the University of North Carolina at Pembroke. All undergraduate and graduate degree programs are fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Some programs are offered fully online.
The UNCP School of Business offers two undergraduate degrees:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - with concentrations in:
- international business
- The school of business offers a Certificate in Entrepreneurship
- For non-business administration students the following minors are offered:
- business administration
- quantitative finance
- The Passport Program is a requirement for all business students to make sure that they are prepared for after college and ready for life outside of the states.
A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) is offered by the UNCP School of Business as either a full-time day program or as a part-time evening program. An accelerated online MBA program is also available. Admitted to the MBA program requires the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
The UNCP School of Business currently has thirty full-time faculty positions and 27 adjunct faculty. The use of adjuncts allows the three departments to offer more courses and bring a practitioner perspective to the students' education. As of December 2018, the leadership and full-time faculty includes:
- Barry O'Brien - Dean and Associate Professor
- James Frederick - Associate Dean and Associate Professor
- Christine Bell - Director of MBA Program
- Accounting and finance department:
- Victor Bahhouth
- Jane Baird
- Sharon Bell
- Steven Bukowy
- David Fricke
- Rebecca Gonzalez-Ehnes
- Joseph P. Lakatos
- Mohammad Rahman
- Craig Shoulders
- Economics and decision sciences department:
- Mohammad Ashraf
- Lydia Gan
- Zhixin "Richard" Kang
- Bishwa Koirala
- Edwin "Cliff" Mensah
- Xinyan Shi
- Management, marketing, and international business department:
- Gaye Acikdilli
- Nick Arena
- William "Rick" Crandall
- Jim Doyle
- Melissa Mann
- Si Ahn Mehng
- Keondra Mitchell
- John Parnell
- Susan Peters
- John E. "Jack" Spillan
- Chaunhui "Charles" Xiong
- Christopher Ziemnowicz
- Thomas Family Endowed Chair in Entrepreneurship
- William Henry Belk Endowed Chair of Management
Special activities in the School of Business at UNCP include:
- Accounting Students Association
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA)
- Distinguished Executive Speaker's Series
- Economics club
Thomas Family Center for Entrepreneurship
The Entrepreneurship Center is funded with a gift from Pembroke native and Los Angeles commercial real-estate developer Jim Thomas and his family's foundation. Thomas was born in Pembroke, North Carolina and grew up in Cleveland, Ohio. He maintains close ties to his home community. Located off-campus in COMtech near the UNCP Regional Center for Economic, Community, and Professional Development, the Thomas Center is designed to assist small businesses in the region. It applies the talents of UNCP's faculty to the business community and serves as a training ground for students. The center also has student interns from different majors.
UNCP School of Business is a partner in the scholarly journal, the International Journal of Sustainable Strategic Management (IJSSM) published by Inderscience.
Office of Economic and Business Research
The Office of Economic and Business Research (EBR) is intended to provide data to assist in regional economic progress. The target audience includes local area businesses and new firms that are relocating to the region. Publication include "The Economic and Social Impacts of The University" demonstrating the positive economic and social impact of UNCP for the region and state.
- "AACSB Accredited Schools Listing". www.aacsb.net. Retrieved December 8, 2018.
- "School of Business Faculty and Staff". uncp.edu. Retrieved December 10, 2018.
- "Gift from Pembroke native Jim Thomas will create endowed chair for entrepreneurship". www.uncp.edu. May 17, 2017. Retrieved December 10, 2018.
- "The Distinguished Professorship Endowment Trust Fund". www.northcarolina.edu. November 8, 2002. p. 13. Retrieved December 10, 2018.
- "Thomas Entrepreneurship Center dedicated at summit" March 2007, retrieved on May 11, 2008.
- Bigelow, Scott. "Entrepreneurship Center dedication is March 26", The Robesonian Online edition, retrieved on November 4, 2007.
- Publisher's information page, retrieved on November 4, 2007.
- Official home page retrieved on December 8, 2018.