UNC Asheville Bulldogs
|UNC Asheville Bulldogs|
|University||University of North Carolina at Asheville|
|Conference||Big South Conference|
|Athletic director||Janet Cone|
|Location||Asheville, North Carolina|
|Basketball arena||Kimmel Arena|
|Baseball stadium||Greenwood Baseball Field|
|Soccer stadium||Greenwood Soccer Field|
|Colors||Royal Blue and White
The UNC Asheville Bulldogs are the athletic teams that represent the University of North Carolina at Asheville (UNCA). They participate in Division I of the NCAA and are a member of the Big South Conference. UNCA fields varsity teams in 12 sports, 6 for men and 6 for women.
In 1984, the UNCA women's basketball team won the NAIA national championship.
- * = The swimming team competes as a member of the Coastal Collegiate Sports Association.
- Crowne Plaza Tennis Center: Home of UNCA tennis.
- Greenwood Baseball Field: Completed in the spring of 1988, home of UNCA baseball. Capacity for 300 people.
- Greenwood Soccer Field: Opened in 1989, capacity for 1,000 people. Home of UNCA soccer.
- Kimmel Arena: Home of UNCA basketball and volleyball from 2011, replaces the smaller Justice Center. Holds 3,400 people.
- Karl Straus Track: Home of UNCA's track and field programs.
- Big South tournament (1): 2006
- Big South regular season (5): 1997, 1998, 2002 (shared with Winthrop), 2008 (shared with Winthrop), 2012
- Big South tournament (5): 1989, 2003, 2011, 2012, 2016
- NAIA National Champions (1): 1984
- Big South tournament (3): 2007, 2016, 2017
- Big South regular season (1): 2001
- Big South regular season (2): 2004, 2005
- Big South tournament (2): 1995, 2006
- National Invitational Volleyball Championship (NIVC) champions (1): 1991
- Big South regular season (5): 1990, 1991 (shared), 1992, 2002, 2009
- Big South tournament (2): 1991, 1992
- "Color Palette | Communication and Marketing". Communication.unca.edu. Retrieved 2016-04-01.