|Parent company||UNIFIED Music Group|
|Distributor(s)||The Orchard (company)|
|Genre||Metalcore, punk rock, progressive metal, alternative rock|
|Country of origin||Australia|
UNFD (pronounced as an initialism [/ˈjuːˈenˈefˈdiː/]) is an independent record label based in Melbourne, Australia. The label is home to a number of Australian artists including Northlane and In Hearts Wake, and international artists Architects, Beartooth, While She Sleeps, Silent Planet and Crossfaith. The label is widely known as Australia's leading heavy music brand with a focus on developing heavy music around the world with offices in London and Los Angeles.
UNFD's first release was Dream On, Dreamer's Heartbound on 5 August 2011. The album debuted at No. 38 on the ARIA Charts and was nominated for Best Heavy Rock Album of the Year at the ARIA Music Awards.
In April 2013, the label released Northlane's hit album Singularity via a marketing campaign that was critically acclaimed across Australian media. The album debuted at No. 3 on the ARIA Charts. Shortly after, UNFD announced the signing of Gold Record artist Dead Letter Circus, and also announced that The Amity Affliction's albums Youngbloods and Chasing Ghosts album had been certified gold in Australia.
In August 2013, the label had major success with Dead Letter Circus' album The Catalyst Fire reaching No. 2 on the ARIA charts. Following from this success, the label announced the return of Bodyjar with a new album to be released 4 October.
In July 2015, UNFD had its first #1 Australian album with the release of Northlane's third studio album Node. The label also had its first ever ARIA award win that same year, also with Northlane's Node. That same year, the label had a total of 4 ARIA Award nominations: Northlane's Node, Thy Art Is Murder's Holy War, and In Hearts Wake's Skydancer all in the Hard Rock category, as well as Dead Letter Circus' Aesthesis in the Rock category.
In 2017, the label took its renowned marketing to the next level, releasing Mesmer, the fourth album from Northlane, via a surprise release. The album debuted at #3 on the ARIA chart in a very competitive week and took the band's fans completely by surprise. The release was not only critically acclaimed, but the release process itself was covered heavily by the media. Northlane went on to win their second ARIA Award in the Best Hard Rock/Heavy Metal category .
The label was nominated for Best Independent Label at the 2017 AIR Awards, and Hellions' Opera Oblivia was nominated for Best Hard Rock Album.
Current Australian roster
- After Touch
- The Brave
- Cursed Earth
- Hands Like Houses
- House vs. Hurricane
- In Hearts Wake
- Ocean Grove
- Slowly Slowly
- Tonight Alive
- Void of Vision
Current international roster
- Dream State
- Silent Planet
- Stray from the Path
- Trade Wind
- While She Sleeps
- Antagonist A.D.
- The Amity Affliction (on Roadrunner Records)
- Balance and Composure (inactive)
- The Bride (inactive)
- Buried in Verona (disbanded)
- Dead Letter Circus (on Warner Music Australia)
- D At Sea
- Dream On, Dreamer
- The Getaway Plan
- Hand of Mercy (disbanded)
- I Am Zero (inactive)
- I Killed the Prom Queen (on Epitaph Records)
- Make Believe Me
- Storm The Sky (disbanded)
- Thy Art Is Murder (on Nuclear Blast Records)
- "Recorded Music – UNIFIED Music Group". www.unifiedmusicgroup.com. Retrieved 2017-08-02.
- http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/news/local-news/267629/the-mystery-behind-unfds-singularity-revealed.htm and http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2013/02/20/northlane-reveal-new-album-in-intricate-fashion/
- "UNFD". unfdcentral.com.
- "EXCLUSIVE Dead Letter Circus Sign Label Deal With UNFD ♫ theMusic.com.au - Australia's Premier Music News & Reviews Website". theMusic.
- "UNFD". unfdcentral.com.
- "BODYJAR - Fairytales". unfdcentral.com.
- Hung, Steffen. "australian-charts.com - Northlane - Mesmer". www.australian-charts.com. Retrieved 2017-08-02.