Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Goodwill Ambassador
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador)
UNHCR Goodwill Ambassadors are celebrity representatives of the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) who use their talent and fame to advocate for refugees.
Current UNHCR Goodwill Ambassadors, and the year they were appointed.
|2013||Alek Wek||United Kingdom||supermodel|
|2013||Khaled Hosseini||United States||writer|
|2007||Jesús Vázquez||Spain||TV presenter|
|2002||Giorgio Armani||Italy||Fashion designer|
|2001||Angelina Jolie||United States||actor|
|1987||Barbara Hendricks||United States||classical singer|
- Barbara Hendricks became a Goodwill Ambassador in 1987. She became the first Honorary Lifetime Goodwill Ambassador in 2002, the only person to hold this title.
- Angelina Jolie became a Goodwill Ambassador in 2001. In 2012 she was appointed the Special Envoy to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
- Kris Aquino
- Giorgio Armani
- Đorđe Balašević
- Richard Burton
- Justus Frantz
- Udo Jürgens
- Sophia Loren
- Princess Märtha Louise of Norway
- James Mason
- Riccardo Muti
- Arja Saijonmaa
- The Schürzenjäger
- Jack Thompson
- Duraid Lahham
- FAO Goodwill Ambassadors
- List of UNICEF Goodwill Ambassadors
- UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador
- UNFPA Goodwill Ambassador
- UNIDO Goodwill Ambassador
- WHO Goodwill Ambassador