UN Arabic Language Day
|UN Arabic Language Day|
اليوم العالمي للغة العربية
Arabic Language Day slogan
|Next time||18 December 2019|
|Related to||International Mother Language Day,|
UN Chinese Language Day, UN English Language Day, UN French Language Day, UN Russian Language Day, UN Spanish Language Day
UN Arabic Language Day is observed annually on December 18. The event was established by the UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) in 2010 seeking "to celebrate multilingualism and cultural diversity as well as to promote equal use of all six of its official working languages throughout the organization". December 18 was chosen as the date for the Arabic language as it is "the day in 1973 when the General Assembly approved Arabic as an official UN language ".
- , News Release UN launches new initiative to promote multilingualism. Consulted on 2011-04-23.
- , News Release UN marks English Day as part of celebration of its six official languages. Consulted on 2011-04-23.
- International Mother Language Day
- International observance
- Official languages of the United Nations
- AIDA - International Association of Arabic Dialectology
|This United Nations-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This language-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This holiday-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|