UQ Lakes busway station
|Location||College Road, St Lucia|
|Owned by||Department of Transport & Main Roads|
|Operated by||Brisbane Transport|
|Connections||University of Queensland ferry wharf|
|Station code||001853 (platform A)
001877 (platform B)
001878 (platform C)
001880 (platform D)
001993 (platform E)
|Fare zone||go card 1|
|Opened||17 December 2006|
UQ Lakes busway station is located in Brisbane, Australia serving the University of Queensland's St Lucia campus. It opened on 17 December 2006 at the western terminus of the Eastern Busway at the end of the Eleanor Schonell Bridge.
By 2012, about 1.5 million passengers were using the bus stop each year, making it one of the top-5 busiest stops in Brisbane.
Originally opening with one platform, a second platform using the existing pathway was added 2008 in order to serve a route extension from West End.
A further expansion costing $3 million began construction in 2011 to cope with increased bus services. Opening in June 2012, the upgrade involved a turning lane upgrade, an increase from four to six stops, larger waiting areas, additional shelters and improved lighting.
- "Bridge is bus-ready" Westside News 29 November 2006 page 3
- Katherine Feeney (9 June 2012). "Expansion for Brisbane's second busiest bus stop". Brisbane Times. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 20 June 2012.
- Station revamp on cards Westside News 23 November 2011 page 14
- UQ gets station upgrade Australasian Bus & Coach 24 November 2011
- "New UQ St Lucia ferry terminal opens". UQ News. University of Queensland. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- "UQ CityCat terminal upgrade". Brisbane City Council. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- Eastern Busway network map TransLink
Media related to UQ Lakes busway station at Wikimedia Commons
- UQ Lakes station TransLink