UQ Lakes busway station
The original station on opening day
|Location||West of College Road|
|Opened||17 December 2006|
The UQ Lakes Bus Station, at UQ's St Lucia Campus, is serviced by TransLink bus routes. It is located west of College Road and is the new way of accessing UQ by public transport, via the new Eleanor Schonell Bridge. It is in Zone 2 of the TransLink integrated public transport system. UQ Lakes Station is the western terminus of the Eastern Busway.
By 2012, about 1.5 million passengers were using the bus stop each year, making it one of the top-5 busiest stops in Brisbane.
Originally opening with one platform, a second platform using the existing pathway was added 2008 in order to serve a route extension from West End.
A further expansion costing $3 million began construction in 2011 to cope with increased bus services. Opening in June 2012, the upgrade involved a turning lane upgrade, an increase from four to six stops, larger waiting areas, additional shelters and improved lighting.
- Sherwin, Stuart (2006-12-18). "Tribute to educator who bridged the gap". The Courier-Mail (1 - First with the news ed.). p. 4.
- Katherine Feeney (9 June 2012). "Expansion for Brisbane's second busiest bus stop". Brisbane Times. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 20 June 2012.
- "Station revamp on cards". Westside News (1 ed.). 2011-11-23. p. 14. Retrieved 2012-03-31.
- "New UQ St Lucia ferry terminal opens". UQ News. University of Queensland. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- "UQ CityCat terminal upgrade". Brisbane City Council. Retrieved 5 July 2015.