A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
- Collection Practices
In a July 2014 article, it was reported that USA Discounters seizes the pay of more active-duty military than any other company in the country, according to Department of Defense payroll data obtained by ProPublica.
- Name change
In October 2014, USA Discounters announced a name change to "USA Living", however the name change was a store branding change only for the "USA Discounters" and "Fletcher's Jewelers" locations and the company's official name remained the same.
- Official investigations
The company has been the target of investigations and official actions by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Colorado Attorney General, and the North Carolina Attorney General.
- "Customer Service". Usaliving.com. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Fletcher's Jewelers". Fletchersjewelers.com. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- Kiel, Paul (25 July 2014). "Thank You for Your Service: How One Company Sues Soldiers Worldwide". ProPublica. The Washington Post. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Statement by USA Discounters in Response to ProPublica Article (Press Release)". www.businesswire.com. 27 July 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Kiel, Paul (28 July 2014). "USA Discounters Responds to ProPublica Article". ProPublica. The Washington Post. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- Paul Kiel. "Company That Sues Soldiers Pledges Reform, Changes Name". ProPublica.
- "United States Bankruptcy Court : USA Discounters Ltd" (PDF). Archived from the original on April 8, 2016. Retrieved 2016-04-09.CS1 maint: unfit URL (link)
- "Company That Sued Soldiers Closes Its Stores". Msn.com. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- Truman Lewis (15 August 2014). "Feds say USA Discounters scammed military consumers; refunds pending". ConsumerAffairs.
- "Attorney General Cynthia H. Coffman Files Second Lawsuit Against Business Targeting Military Service Members". coloradoattorneygeneral.gov. Archived from the original on 6 September 2015.
- Dolasinski, Amanda (2014-08-12). "USA Discounters chain under fire from NC attorney general | Stripes Okinawa". Okinawa.stripes.com. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "News Releases & Advisories". Ncdoj.gov. Retrieved 2016-04-09.