This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
- Collection Practices
In a July 2014 article, it was reported that USA Discounters seizes the pay of more active-duty military than any other company in the country, according to Department of Defense payroll data obtained by ProPublica.
- Name change
In October 2014, USA Discounters announced a name change to "USA Living", however the name change was a store branding change only for the "USA Discounters" and "Fletcher's Jewelers" locations and the company's official name remained the same.
- Official investigations
The company has been the target of investigations and official actions by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Colorado Attorney General, and the North Carolina Attorney General.
- "Customer Service". Usaliving.com. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Fletcher's Jewelers". Fletchersjewelers.com. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- Kiel, Paul (25 July 2014). "Thank You for Your Service: How One Company Sues Soldiers Worldwide". ProPublica. The Washington Post. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "Statement by USA Discounters in Response to ProPublica Article (Press Release)". www.businesswire.com. 27 July 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- Kiel, Paul (28 July 2014). "USA Discounters Responds to ProPublica Article". ProPublica. The Washington Post. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- Paul Kiel. "Company That Sues Soldiers Pledges Reform, Changes Name". ProPublica.
- "United States Bankruptcy Court : USA Discounters Ltd" (PDF). Web.archive.org. Archived from the original on April 8, 2016. Retrieved 2016-04-09.CS1 maint: unfit url (link)
- "Company That Sued Soldiers Closes Its Stores". Msn.com. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- Truman Lewis (15 August 2014). "Feds say USA Discounters scammed military consumers; refunds pending". ConsumerAffairs.
- "Attorney General Cynthia H. Coffman Files Second Lawsuit Against Business Targeting Military Service Members". coloradoattorneygeneral.gov. Archived from the original on 6 September 2015.
- Dolasinski, Amanda (2014-08-12). "USA Discounters chain under fire from NC attorney general | Stripes Okinawa". Okinawa.stripes.com. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "News Releases & Advisories". Ncdoj.gov. Retrieved 2016-04-09.