||This article appears to contain a large number of buzzwords. (July 2016)|
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||NASDAQ: USAK|
|Founders||Jerry Orler, Robert Powell, Breck Speed|
|Headquarters||Van Buren, Arkansas, U.S.|
|Randy Rogers (President & CEO)
James Craig (President, USAT Logistics)
Martin Tewari (President, Trucking)
|Services||General commodities transport|
USA Truck provides comprehensive capacity solutions to a broad and diverse customer base throughout North America. USA Truck and USAT Logistics blend an extensive portfolio of asset and asset-light services, offering a balanced approach to supply chain management. USA Truck’s offerings include customized truckload, dedicated contract carriage, intermodal and third-party logistics freight management services. The company operates regional sales centers throughout the United States, along with service facilities in Dayton, Ohio; Laredo, Texas; Van Buren, Arkansas and West Memphis, Arkansas.
USA Truck manages the shipment of goods using its own assets through an advanced freight network, as well through the spot market. Additionally, the company handles freight on a dedicated contract basis. USAT Logistics, the company's asset-light group, utilizes multiple modes of transportation such as dry van, rail and flatbed. This allows USA Truck to haul goods outside the norm, including oversized loads, refrigerated loads and less than truckload amounts.
The company's particular strength lies in medium-haul routes east of the Great Plains. USA Truck is the 26th largest truckload carrier in the U.S., according to Transport Topics, and its clientele includes Fortune 500 companies. In addition, USA Truck services 25% of the Fortune 100 companies and 90 of its top 100 customers utilize multiple service offerings.
USA Truck has been recognized by Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, with veterans comprising 29% of the company’s team members.
The company got its start in 1983 as Crawford Produce, Inc. (CPI) with fewer than 10 tractors in operation. CPI was incorporated under the name USA Truck in September 1986 and purchased by management in January 1989. The initial public offering of USA Truck common stock was completed in March 1992. Today, USA Truck is one of the nation’s largest over-the-road Truckload carriers. The company’s distinctive white tractors and trailers bearing the bar and star logo is a tribute to our nation’s military from one of USA Truck’s founders, a former military aviator. Under that banner, the company provides capacity solutions to its wide customer base throughout North America.
USA Truck celebrated its 30th year in operation in 2013. In 2015, as part of a widespread brand enhancement initiative, the USA Truck marketing group unveiled a new collection of logos and launched a new corporate website (usa-truck.com) to reflect its growth as a capacity solutions provider.
In April 2016, USA Truck rebranded Strategic Capacity Solution (SCS), its asset-light logistics business, to USAT Logistics. The name change is one of the first steps in USA Truck's strategy to more fully realize the value of its asset-light business through an expanded 3PL offering, market share gains and aggressive revenue growth. USAT Logistics accounted for 30% of USA Truck's operating revenue in 2015.
- 2016: Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Pro Patria Award
- 2015: Transport Topics Top Brokerage Firms, ranked No. 32, Armstrong & Associates, Top 100 U.S./Domestic Transportation Management Freight Broker List, ranked No. 39 Victory Media ranked USA Truck No. 20 in the industry on their Military Friendly Employers list. USA Truck was also noted by Victory Media as a Military Spouse Friendly Employer. Declared "Arkansas’ Best Trucking Company for 2015" by the readers of Arkansas Business.
- 2014: Anheuser-Busch, Large Size Truckload Carrier of the Year); Transplace Gold Carrier; FedEx Peak Performance Award; Alcoa Carrier of the Year for Outstanding Dry Van Service 2012, 2013 and 2014; Transport Topics Top 100 For-Hire Carrier (Topics); Transport Topics Top 100 Brokerage Firms (Topics T. B.); Journal of Commerce Top 50 Trucking Company
- 2013: Transport Topics Top 100 For-Hire Carrier; Inbound Logistics Top 100 Trucker; National Transportation Institute Top Pay Carrier; Northwest Arkansas Business Journal Green Office Award (Truck); BP Outstanding Safety Performance Award 2012 & 2013
USA Truck's fleet consists of nearly 2,000 tractors and 6,200 dry-van trailers. The trucks are Kenworth, Navistar International ProStar and Freightliner Cascadia tractors with Cummins engines, and are an average age of 32 months. All of the company’s trucks are equipped with PeopleNet satellite communication with in-cab email and turn-by-turn navigation. All of USA Truck’s trailers are 53 ft (16 m) dry-vans; the company does not operate any flatbed, refrigerated or tanker trailer fleets. The company’s ongoing fleet revitalization program is intended to lower the fleet age and improve overall performance through reduced maintenance costs and better fuel and operating efficiency.
- http://progressive.playstream.com/truckline/progressive/TT100_2015/TT100F-H2015.pdf page 23