USC School of Pharmacy
This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Affiliation||University of Southern California|
|Dean||Vassilios Papadopoulos, DPharm, PhD, DSc (hon)|
|73 full-time faculty, 13 part-time faculty|
|Students||740 Doctor of Pharmacy, 35 Doctor of Regulatory Science, 101 Doctor of Philosophy, 163 Master of Science|
USC School of Pharmacy is the pharmacy school of the University of Southern California, originally established in 1905 as USC College of Pharmacy. In 1918, it created the four-year bachelor of science in pharmacy degree program. In 1950, it established the nation's first Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program. The School offers numerous dual- and joint-degree programs in such fields as law, business, public health, regulatory science, healthcare decision analysis, and gerontology. The School launched the nation's first PharmD/MBA dual degree in 1990, the first PhD in pharmaceutical economics and policy in 1994, the first professional doctorate in regulatory science in 2008, and a translational science graduate program that merges science with clinical expertise. The School is led by Dean Vassilios Papadopoulos.
The USC School of Pharmacy is organized into four academic departments:
- Titus Family Department of Clinical Pharmacy
- Department of Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Department of Pharmaceutical and Health Economics, based at the Leonard D. Schaeffer Center for Health Policy & Economics
- Department of Regulatory and Quality Sciences
Programs of Study
USC School of Pharmacy currently offers the following programs:
Doctor of Pharmacy program:
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) 
- Health Economics (PhD)
- Regulatory Science (DRSc)
- Molecular Pharmacology and Toxicology (PhD)
- Pharmaceutical Sciences (PhD)
- Clinical and Experimental Therapeutics (PhD)
Master's degree programs:
- Molecular Pharmacology and Toxicology (MS)
- Pharmaceutical Sciences (MS)
- Pharmaceutical Economics and Policy (MS)
- Health Care Decision Analysis (MS)
- Regulatory Science (MS)
- Management of Drug Development (MS)
- Medical Product Quality
Undergraduate degree program:
- Pharmacology and Drug Development (BS)
- Science and Management of Biomedical Therapeutics 
Graduate certificate programs:
- Six graduate certificates in Regulatory Science 
Patient Care Settings
Patient care settings include Keck Hospital of USC, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, LAC+USC Medical Center County Hospital, Huntington Hospital, Edward R. Roybal Comprehensive Health Center, and safety-net clinics including JWCH Institute, QueensCare, AltaMed Health Services.
The university owns and operates five pharmacies: USC Pharmacy (University Park Campus), Health Center Pharmacy (University Park Campus), USC Medical Plaza Pharmacy (Health Sciences Campus), USC Verdugo Hills Professional Pharmacy (adjacent to USC Verdugo Hills Hospital) and Keck Medicine of USC Specialty Pharmacy.
In 1905, the USC College of Pharmacy opened, the first in Southern California. The USC College of Pharmacy established the nation's first Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program in 1950. Later, in 1968, the school introduced the nation's first clinical pharmacy program, and the first Master of Science in radiopharmacy. In 1974, the school relocated to the USC Health Sciences campus, where students and faculty had access to multidisciplinary medical facilities and the LAC+USC Medical Center. In 1988, USC established the nation's first PharmD/MBA dual degree program, training students in both pharmacy and business administration.
In 2016, USC School of Pharmacy was ranked among the top 10 pharmacy schools in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. USC School of Pharmacy was among the top five U.S. schools with the strongest passing rates on the 2015 North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination (NAPLEX). The USC School of Pharmacy class of 2016 had the highest passage rate in California (97.4%) on the North American Pharmacy Licensing Exam (NAPLEX).
- "USC School of Pharmacy - University of Southern California - Acalog ACMS™". catalogue.usc.edu.
- Guo, Kitty (30 March 2017). "USC professor creates minor under School of Pharmacy". Daily Trojan.
- "Regulatory Science Graduate Certificates - USC Department of Regulatory & Quality Sciences - USC".
- "USC Pharmacies - It's all about your health". pharmacies.usc.edu.
- "History | About USC". about.usc.edu. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
- "History · USC School of Pharmacy". pharmacyschool.usc.edu. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
- US News and World Report, 16 March 2016.
- Pharmacy Times, 26 February 2016.
- California State Board of Pharmacy, Sept. 2016.