From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The USS Asheville (PG-21), was a gunboat that served in the Caribbean and off the China coast, and was sunk by Japanese forces early in World War II.
- The USS Asheville (PF-1), an Asheville class patrol frigate, served on the East Coast doing escort duties during World War II.
- The USS Asheville (PGM-84), a high-speed gunboat, served in the Vietnam War.
- The USS Asheville (SSN-758), is a Los Angeles-class submarine, currently in service.
- This article incorporates text from the public domain Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships. The entry can be found here.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|