From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Three ships of the United States Navy have borne the name Avenger.
- USS Avenger (1863), was a side-wheel ram, transferred from the Army to the Navy in 1863, and decommissioned and sold in 1865.
- USS Avenger (SP-2646), was leased and commissioned by the Navy in May 1918, and decommissioned in December 1918.
- USS Avenger (MCM-1), is an Avenger class mine countermeasures ship, launched in 1985 and decommissioned on 30 September 2014.
- The 1979 novel, Inoculate!, features a fictional submarine named USS Avenger
- This article incorporates text from the public domain Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships. The entry can be found here.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|