From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Six ships in the United States Navy have been named USS Preston for Samuel W. Preston.
- The first Preston was captured in 1864, commissioned in 1865 and decommissioned later that same year.
- The second Preston was captured in 1865 and sold in 1868.
- The third Preston (DD-19) was commissioned in 1909 and decommissioned in 1919.
- The fourth Preston (DD-327) was commissioned in 1921 and decommissioned in 1930.
- The fifth Preston (DD-379) was commissioned in 1936 and sunk in November 1942.
- The sixth Preston (DD-795) was commissioned in 1944 and transferred to Turkey in 1969.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|