|16:04, 25 May 2022 UTC+09:00|
|135 degrees E|
UTC+09:00 is an identifier for a time offset from UTC of +09:00.
Also known as Eastern Indonesian Time.
During the Japanese occupations of British Borneo, Burma, Hong Kong, Dutch East Indies, Malaya, Philippines, Singapore, and French Indochina, it was used as a common time with Tokyo until the fall of the Empire of Japan.
As standard time (year-round)
Principal cities: Yakutsk, Kagoshima, Chikusei, Utsunomiya, Shimonoseki, Uenohara, Shunan, Tsuruoka, Sagae, Unnan, Sapporo, Sendai, Sayama, Naha, Osaka, Namegata, Kitakyushu, Odawara, Maizuru, Minamisatsuma, Omitama, Kurume, Miyawaka, Tokyo, Pyongyang, Seoul, Ambon, Jayapura
- Russia – Yakutsk Time
- East Timor – Time in East Timor
- Indonesia – Eastern Indonesia Time
Discrepancies between official UTC+09:00 and geographical UTC+09:00
Areas located in UTC+09:00 longitudes using other time zones
This concerns areas within 127°30′ E and 142°30′ E longitude.
- Parts of Northeast China, including eastern half of Heilongjiang Province and Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture in Jilin Province, where UTC+08:00 is used.
- The easternmost parts of Western Australia where UTC+08:00 is used, Eucla and nearby areas where (unofficial) UTC+08:45 is used.
- The Northern Territory, where UTC+09:30 is used, and South Australia and Broken Hill where UTC+09:30 and DST UTC+10:30 are used, respectively, despite the borders of the territory and state fitting perfectly within the ideal meridians of UTC+09:00.
- The western parts of Queensland where UTC+10:00 is used, and westernmost parts of Victoria and New South Wales where UTC+10:00 and UTC+11:00 in summer time, is used.
Federated States of Micronesia
- Parts of Federated States of Micronesia, including western parts of Yap State, where UTC+10:00 is used.
Papua New Guinea
- The very westernmost parts of Papua New Guinea, where UTC+10:00 is used.
- Parts of Russia, including Jewish Autonomous Oblast, Primorsky Krai, central part of Sakha, and most of Khabarovsk Krai where UTC+10:00 is used, and westernmost parts of eastern Sakha Republic and Sakhalin Island, where UTC+11:00 is used.
Areas located outside UTC+09:00 longitudes using UTC+09:00 time
Areas between 112°30′ E and 127°30′ E ("physical" UTC+08:00)
- Zabaykalsky Krai
- Most of western Sakha Republic
- East Timor
- North Korea
- South Korea
- The western parts of Korea, including the capital city, Seoul
Areas between 142°30′ E and 157°30′ E ("physical" UTC+10:00)
- Time in Russia
- Time in North Korea
- Time in South Korea
- Japan Standard Time
- Time in Indonesia
- Time in East Timor
- "RUSSIA TIME ZONES - RUSSIA CURRENT TIMES". TimeTemperature.com. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "Sakha – Western, Russia Time Zone". TimeTemperature.com. Retrieved 25 March 2018.
- "Indonesia Time Zones – Indonesia Current Time". TimeTemperature.com. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- Gwlliam Law. "Provinces of Indonesia". Statoids. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- Media related to UTC+09:00 at Wikimedia Commons