Epoch J2000.0 Equinox J2000.0
|Right ascension||04h 30m 03.99626s|
|Declination||+18° 13′ 49.4355″|
|Apparent magnitude (V)||+10.80|
|Spectral type||K2Ve + M1Ve|
|Radial velocity (Rv)||22.90 km/s|
|Proper motion (μ)|| RA: 17.18 mas/yr |
Dec.: -21.91 mas/yr
|Parallax (π)||-3.70 ± 5.73 mas|
|Distance||450 ly |
|UX Tauri A|
|Surface gravity (log g)||4.0 cgs|
|UX Tauri B|
|Surface gravity (log g)||3.5 cgs|
UX Tauri, abbreviated as UX Tau, is a binary star system approximately 450 light-years away in the constellation of Taurus (the Bull). It is notable for the fact that, despite its recent (in stellar terms) creation, the Spitzer Space Telescope discovered that its protoplanetary disk contains a gap. The dust, which normally accumulates in an expanding ring starting right next to the star at such a young age, is either very thin or nonexistent at a range of 0.2 to 56 AU from the star. Typically, this means that the early ancestors of planets may be forming from the disk, though the star only ignited about 1 million years ago. In contrast, Earth was formed approximately 4.54 billion years ago, placing its formation about sixty million years after the Sun's ignition around 4.6 billion years ago.
- van Leeuwen, F. (2007). "Validation of the new Hipparcos reduction". Astronomy and Astrophysics. 474 (2): 653–664. arXiv: . Bibcode:2007A&A...474..653V. doi:10.1051/0004-6361:20078357. Vizier catalog entry
- "UX Tau". SIMBAD. Centre de données astronomiques de Strasbourg. Retrieved 5 December 2016.
- Herbig, G. H. (1977). "Radial velocities and spectral types of T Tauri stars". Astrophysical Journal. 214: 747–758. Bibcode:1977ApJ...214..747H. doi:10.1086/155304.
- Gontcharov, G. A. (2006). "Pulkovo Compilation of Radial Velocities for 35 495 Hipparcos stars in a common system". Astronomy Letters. 32 (11): 759–771. arXiv: . Bibcode:2006AstL...32..759G. doi:10.1134/S1063773706110065. Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- Magazzu, A. (1991). "Lithium in the pre-main sequence triple system UX Tauri". Astronomy and Astrophysics. 249 (1): 149–155. Bibcode:1991A&A...249..149M.
- NASA - Youthful Star Sprouts Planets Early
- Magazzu, A.; Martin, E. L.; Rebolo, R. (September 1991). "Lithium in the pre-main sequence triple system UX Tauri". Astronomy and Astrophysics. 249 (1). Bibcode:1991A&A...249..149M.
- "UX Tauri". Jumk.de. Retrieved 2008-06-16.
|This variable star–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This binary or multiple star system–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|