|Jmol interactive 3D||Image|
|Molar mass||308.38 g·mol−1|
|Melting point||245 °C (473 °F; 518 K) (decomposes)|
Except where otherwise noted, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C [77 °F], 100 kPa).
|what is ?)(|
Ubenimex (INN), also known more commonly as bestatin, is a competitive, reversible protease inhibitor. It is an inhibitor of arginyl aminopeptidase (aminopeptidase B), leukotriene A4 hydrolase (a zinc metalloprotease that displays both epoxide hydrolase and aminopeptidase activities), alanyl aminopeptidase (aminopeptidase M/N), leucyl/cystinyl aminopeptidase (oxytocinase/vasopressinase), and membrane dipeptidase (leukotriene D4 hydrolase). It is being studied for use in the treatment of acute myelocytic leukemia. It is derived from Streptomyces olivoreticuli. Ubenimex has been found to inhibit the enzymatic degradation of oxytocin, vasopressin, enkephalins, and various other peptides and compounds.
- N-((2S,3R)-3-Amino-2-hydroxy-4-phenylbutyryl)-L-leucine at Sigma-Aldrich
- Umezawa,H., Aoyagi,T., Suda,H., Hamada,M. & Takeuchi,T. (1976). "Bestatin, an inhibitor of aminopeptidase B, produced by actinomycetes." (29): 97–99.
- Muskardin,D.T., Voelkel,N.F. & Fitzpatrick,F.A. (1994). "Modulation of pulmonary leukotriene formation and perfusion pressure by Bestatin, an inhibitor of leukotriene A4 hydrolase." (48): 131–137.
- K Sekine, H Fujii and F Abe (1999). "Induction of apoptosis by Bestatin (ubenimex) in human leukemic cell lines" 13 (5): 729–734.
- Nakanishi Y, Nomura S, Okada M, Ito T, Katsumata Y, Kikkawa F, Hattori A, Tsujimoto M, Mizutani S (2000). "Immunoaffinity purification and characterization of native placental leucine aminopeptidase/oxytocinase from human placenta". Placenta 21 (7): 628–34. doi:10.1053/plac.2000.0564. PMID 10985965.
- Naruki M, Mizutani S, Goto K, Tsujimoto M, Nakazato H, Itakura A, Mizuno K, Kurauchi O, Kikkawa F, Tomoda Y (1996). "Oxytocin is hydrolyzed by an enzyme in human placenta that is identical to the oxytocinase of pregnancy serum". Peptides 17 (2): 257–61. doi:10.1016/0196-9781(95)02124-8. PMID 8801531.
- Hirayama, Y; Sakamaki, S; Takayanagi, N; Tsuji, Y; Sagawa, T; Chiba, H; Matsunaga, T; Niitsu, Y (2003). "Chemotherapy with ubenimex corresponding to patient age and organ disorder for 18 cases of acute myelogeneous leukemia in elderly patients--effects, complications and long-term survival". Gan to kagaku ryoho. Cancer & chemotherapy 30 (8): 1113–8. PMID 12938265.
- Bauvois, B; Dauzonne, D (January 2006). "Aminopeptidase-N/CD13 (EC 126.96.36.199) inhibitors: Chemistry, biological evaluations, and therapeutic prospects". Medicinal Research Reviews 26 (1): 88–130. doi:10.1002/med.20044. PMID 16216010.
|This pharmacology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|