|Industry||Video game industry|
|Headquarters||Sant Cugat del Vallès, Spain|
Number of employees
|Divisions||Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile S.L.U.|
Ubisoft Barcelona (formerly Ubi Soft Barcelona) is a Spanish video game developer based in Sant Cugat del Vallès, Spain, and operated by parent company Ubisoft. A division of the studio, Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile, is based in Barcelona, Spain. The division was acquired from Digital Chocolate under the name Digital Chocolate Barcelona in 2013.
The studio opened its doors in 1998 as Ubi Soft Barcelona. It is renowned for working with new peripherals and technologies. Some of the first most popular titles developed are Monster 4x4: World Circuit, launch title for the Wii, Your Shape the first USB camera enabled game for Wii with motion tracking, and MotionSports, a launch title for Microsoft's Kinect peripheral for Xbox 360.
The studio was renamed to Ubisoft Barcelona in 2004, and since then it has been involved on famous franchises such as Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®, Assassin’s Creed®, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege or Star Trek™: Bridge Crew on virtual reality.
|This European video game corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- S.L., MERISTATION MAGAZINE, (2006-11-05). "Ubi Soft Barcelona, al asalto de Wii". Meristation (in Spanish). Retrieved 2017-10-14.
- "Monster 4x4: World Circuit". www.nintendo.com. Retrieved 2017-10-14.
- Internet, Unidad Editorial. "Ubisoft Studios Barcelona crea una tecnología de 'motion tracking' para Nintendo | Navegante | elmundo.es". www.elmundo.es. Retrieved 2017-10-14.
- "Motionsports™ on Xbox 360". TrueAchievements. Retrieved 2017-10-14.
- "Entrevistamos a Marie-Therese Cordon, Directora de Ubisoft Barcelona". HobbyConsolas (in Spanish). Retrieved 2017-10-14.
- Ubisoft (2014-02-05), Ubisoft Barcelona 15th Anniversary, retrieved 2017-10-14